Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos from my garden this year.

Posted by jennypat Zone 3b NW MN (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 17:50

Here are a few images from the garden this year. Notice how I strategically took pictures so the weeds would not show up.

2014 172

2014 170

2014 169

2014 142

You can see the entire album on my flicker site.

Enjoy

Here is a link that might be useful: JennyPat's 2014 garden album

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos from my garden this year.

You have some very pretty blooms and a nice variety of perennials. I especially like the lovely seating areas,etc.

Hey, I take pics the same way - making sure weeds don't do a photo bomb.

o

How beautiful!! I am new to cottage gardening with 4 seasons....we moved to Kentucky from SE Texas. So far(even with the horrible winter we had....) I love it!

Nancy

o

Hi jennypat,..i truly enjoyed every picture and you do take a good picture,..beautiful blooms and a garden full of surprises,..i was seriously trying to identify each plant then suddenly got a laugh over your Trolls,..that one in the locket is soooo real.

The front of your house is beautiful as well as the islands of flowers you have here and there,..that log fits very well into the surroundings,..makes a natural appearance,..well done and thank you for the nice tour.

Philip

o

Thank you! I totally forgot the trolls were there. I used to have whole albums of my creations, but they are gone. And I can't remember if I removed them or not. Ah well

JEnny P

o

Nice-- the top yellow one looks like a verbascum..

o

So beautiful, JennyPat !!! What a camera you must have to capture the beauty. It's like being there. Can almost smell the blooms.

o

Wow Jenny! What a beautiful garden you have created. Truly special! You have a lot of oriental lilies! Do you find them locally or have a favorite place to buy them? Also do you have to cage the bulbs from animals underground?

o

Thank you! Most of this years pictures were taken with my iPhone, although I do have a nice older camera.

Lilyfinch, actually most of my lilies are Asiatic, they grow really well up here in the north. I don't really have a special place to buy them. Some were passed along from my great uncle, some were here when we moved here (the orange ones) some I picked up here and there. I don't have problems with critters eating the bulbs. But I do have trouble with deer or rabbits going after them when they are small.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here