Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nulty

Late July Pictures.

nulty
9 years ago

The first and picture is not so attractive but as i never ever planted one i was surprised to see it appear in my garden 12 months ago,..in fact i had never seen one before,..now in July it popped up again,..two of them,..almost 3ft high and the bigger one has a leaf span of 22 inches,..leaves only on the top and the stem has Leopard like markings,..it is "Arisaema speciosum"
the smaller plant is almost hidden within the Dahlia,..the larger plant behind it.

Comments (25)

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The larger Arisaema speciosum.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Malva moschata,'Musk Mallow'.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tigridia pavonia,'Tiger Flower/Mexican Shell Flower'.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tigridia pavonia.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Petunia.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hemerocallis,var,Daylily,'Little Grapette'.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lilium asiaticum,'Foxtrot'.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lilium,'Dimension',Dark Wine.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mixed Lilies i got from Oregon.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Contrast between the two Lilies.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nachtigall,'Lacecap hydrangea,Normalis'.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Close up.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another Lily opened today.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dahlia,'Surprise Louise'.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Loaded with Pollen.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Relaxed Butterfly.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just hanging in there.

• southerngardening24
    9 years ago

beautiful pics! I love them all!

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you southerngardening24,..that pleases me.

Philip

• cenepk10
    9 years ago

Beautiful, Phillip As always !

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Cenepk10,

• cenepk10
    9 years ago

Philip- Can't wait to see your garden in fall .. We are having a good deal of rain here in Ga- even though we are 8" in arrears. It's very lush and green. I am having an arborist come remove a huge dead loblolly pine & a dead sassafras tree

• cenepk10
    9 years ago

The garden to which I refer that is so puny is 25 ' from the drip line of those water oaks. But when I dug the bed- it was pure sand. Of course I amended the soil- and 3 x a year- I add compost and cow manure & fertilize every month with miracle grow- also Bayer rose & flower

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Cenepk10,
    You sure have a lot of work on hand removing those trees and pruning others,..rain you say!,..its a daily sight here with 200 days of rain a year and so when you see my garden pictures many blooms have raindrops on them,..but as you said everything then looks green and lush.

Your arborist is correct about adding Lime to the soil to increase the pH level as it will reduce acidity,..agricultural lime of course,.. as it is made from calcium,..you will see the difference when the acidity level decreases though readings taken soon afterwards can be misleading so take no notice,..your plants will give you better results in growth and blooms.

Philip

• cenepk10
    9 years ago

Thank you so much, Philip- do you have to scratch it in the soil ? Or just spread it around the plants ? He said that low of a ph will burn azaleas. Explains my dead azaleas in back. I have never come up against this sort of thing in my 35 years of gardening. Only time I ever saw lime was in Greece- they would throw it on corpses to kick back the smell in graves & use it to whitewash the concrete houses every spring. Omygoodness. TMI