Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Some photos taken today

schoolhouse_gw
11 years ago

The sound of cars driving on a wet road awakened me this morning - rain! Afterwards, the colors in the garden were especially pretty so I snapped some photos.

{{gwi:730022}}

{{gwi:730024}}

{{gwi:730031}}

{{gwi:730033}}

Comments (20)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Everything is truly lovely.
    kay

• mandolls
    11 years ago

Love that teapot topiary!!

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks. I need to take photos from different areas in the garden, seems I post the same ones every time. :) Almost moved that daylily this Spring because last Fall I had put it there more or less temporarily. I think it will work out fine unless it becomes too large. There are two other Lupines there, a yellow and a pink. Wish they would all bloom at the same time but honestly I didn't expect any blooms at all from them in July!

• midnitecrafter
    11 years ago

These are beautiful pictures. I love the teapot and the purple phlox are gorgeous !!!!

• Martina DeLuca
    11 years ago

Very beautiful. A work of art!

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

Your garden looks very inviting and lovely.

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

Love it all,especially the teapot.TFS
    Kathi

• MollyDog
    11 years ago

I just LOVE the teapot!

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm disappointed in the allysum around the teapot and the tea cup. Perhaps it's me, but allysum just doesn't seem to be the same plant it once was. I could plant it nearly anywhere and it would flourish all summer into fall. Now it is very unpredictable as far as blooms, half the plants are spent by July or never even flower. I add good soil and compost to the bedding area, mulch well, and a little bit of Miracle Grow liq. fert. as a last result. The purple variety never did perform well for me so I don't even try that anymore.

• MollyDog
    11 years ago

Help me out...where is the tea cup? Did you form the teapot yourself?

PS...I also think the flowere are beautiful.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mollydog, I post pics of the teapot/cup so often I'm embarrassed, but if you insist. :) This is before I had the allysum planted. Yes, I formed both topiaries myself.

{{gwi:656784}}

• MollyDog
    11 years ago

Thanks! How long did that work of art take. I just love it!

• mary_lu_gw
    11 years ago

schoolhouse, it goes without saying that I love your teapot and cup. I remember when you were shaping it. It turned out lovely!

Your lupines are to die for. I tried growing them several times without luck. Finally gave up. Everything looks so lush. The foliage on my DLs is really rough looking this year.

• scully931
    11 years ago

Adorable!

• cindysunshine
    11 years ago

Just beautiful so lush wonderful.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Ditto! Refreshing and cool looking.
    Renee

• beachgrub
    11 years ago

I am so inspired by your teapot and cup!! I am going to try that, heading to google now for instructions. :) thanks for sharing!

• DYH
    11 years ago

Your teapot/cup topiary is amazing! Love, love it! Alyssum is a great plant to use. One of my favorites that I grow from seeds.

Cameron

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks again everyone. I wonder what happened to the other three photos in my original post? hmmmm

Beachgrub, it's easy to shape boxwood. No wire forms needed for a teapot, except to make the handle. I used wire from a coat hanger for the handle but any strong wire will do. Just buy whatever size boxwood shrub you think you need, trim and snip with scissors until you get a rounded shape, leaving one side with some branches longer to make the spout and on the other to start forming the handle. Patience is the key, and the ability to see what is not there, like sculpting. It will take three or four years (or seasons) before it begins to take shape.

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

WOW!!! L.O.V.E.!!!