Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22262128

Pictures Of Some July Blooms.

User
9 years ago

Everything is blooming so fast that when i take a picture it becomes outdated next day due to further blooms.

General views.

Comments (35)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

General View.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

General View

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

General View.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

General View.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

General View.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

General View.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Phygelius,'Funfare Orange'.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dahlia Pom Pom,'Golden Scepter'.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dahlia,'Surprise Louise'.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Antirrhinium,'Snapdragon'.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Salvia Elegans Tanjarin,'Tangerine Sage/Pineapple Sage'.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hemerocallis var,'Little Grapette'.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Orchids.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nasturtium.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lilium,'Dimension'.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Calendula.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mophead Hydrangea.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hosta in Flower.

• Ninkasi
    9 years ago

this is so beautiful and a perfect example of the cottage garden look! I love it, thanks for sharing!! ;-)

• Acadiafun
    9 years ago

What a delightful trip through your garden. Breathtaking really. :)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Ninkasi,
    delighted you enjoyed those blooms,..all those plants are from seeds or cuttings,..i am a cuttings addict lol,..just can not resist taking one.

Philip
    ==================================================

Hi Acadiafun,
    happy to know you enjoyed the trip.

Philip.

================================================
    Clematis,'Freckles',..this Clematis has a small bloom though it will flower up to winter.

• ianna
    9 years ago

beautiful Philip.. just beautiful

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you ianna,
    here is a new bloom of yesterday,..Lilium asiaticum,'Foxtrot'.

• clax66
    9 years ago

Beautiful, thank you for sharing!

• southerngardening24
    9 years ago

Beautiful garden pics! Thank you for sharing them! I especially loved the pic of the orchid. If you look very closely, it looks like a small very detailed cat figurine wearing a cape. Also love the freckles clematis. So unique looking!

• frogview00
    9 years ago

Gorgeous photos again. What are the average summer temperatures where you live in Ireland?

Jim

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    9 years ago

Philip once again you've gobsmacked me :), I just sat down with a coffee and viewed your June video. Yours is the cottage garden a lot of us would give our eye teeth for, you really are an inspiration. I've got 'Freckles' too, I have it planted up in my little garden room where it gets some protection, the flowers are a very welcome sight in the dead of winter. How many hours in the day do you spend tending your lovely garden, I bet it's more than a couple, a real labor of love though and it shows. Thanks for brightening up my morning.

Annette

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi clax66,..southerngardening24,
    thank you for your generous comments,..oh southerngardening24 well spotted that Orchid truly looks like a cat wearing a cape.

===============================================

Hi frogview,..Jim our climate is a strange one indeed.

From Wikipedia.
    The climate of Ireland can be summed up as being mild, moist and changeable with abundant rainfall and a lack of temperature extremes. It is defined as a temperate oceanic climate, or Cfb on the Köppen climate classification system, a classification it shares with most of northwest Europe.[1] The country receives generally warm summers and mild winters. It is considerably warmer than other areas on its latitude, because it lies in the northeastern Atlantic Ocean, and as a result is warmed by the North Atlantic Current all year.

The influence of the North Atlantic Current also ensures the coastline of Ireland remains ice-free throughout the winter�"unlike for example the Sea of Okhotsk and the Labrador Sea which are at a similar latitude. The climate in Ireland does not experience extreme weather, with tornadoes and similar weather features being rare.

Philip
    ==============================================

Hi aftermidnight,..Annette,..i have often notified those about to view one of my videos to have coffee in hand as some are quite long,..that June video is 24 mins long,..i was very pleased to get a feedback it makes producing one worthwhile.

Ahh so you have Clematis Freckles nice little bloom and enjoyable to see it still blooming in Winter its a little gem.

You will be surprised to learn that i have another garden,..well that is i started one for my next door neighbor who is 85 years of age,..she loves flowers but does not understand anything about gardening or plants so all my surplus plants go into her garden and i tend them daily,..it is a garden in progress,..it will improve in time as i have plans,..time permitting,..again thank you for viewing the video.

Philip.

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

OMG,so many beauties and all in one yard.I'd love to spend the day there just looking at all those beauties,and of course hoping to come home with some cuttings/seeds.LOL
    Tfs
    kathi

• cenepk10
    9 years ago

Wow ! Love this thread. Beautiful !!!!!!

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    9 years ago

Wow again I am blown away. How wonderful of a neighbor you are and you are such a talented gardener! And I am shocked you are in Ireland! I had no idea they were a zone 8. Apparently I need a lesson on where Ireland actually is because I thought it was farther north, and I assumed you were south of me in Alabama or Georgia here. How great to see world wide gardens. Love the stonework on the property too! I have seen your video and it is fabulous ! Thanks for sharing your hard work!

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    9 years ago

Wow!! How wonderful! I would consider moving to Ireland just so I could have a garden like that. But it's a bit to far away from my family.

Where do I find this video you are talking about?

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi jennypat,
    We have an average of 200 days of rain here lol,..so it might put you off,..however it helps the flowers grow,..oh the video you asked about is in "My Clippings",..but here is the link to it.
    24:49

Its a long video so have a cup of coffee in hand,..i post there under the same name as here glengarry3.

===============================================

Hi kathi,
    Oh i would insist you take home some seeds as i have an abundance of seeds to give away,..thank you for your comments.

Hi Cenepk10,
    Delighted you enjoyed seeing all the blooms.

Hi Lilyfinch,
    You had me laughing here,..yep i am far away in Ireland,..it does get into the high 80;s here at times and my garden is walled in so becomes suitable to grow most plants and i do try everything from Clivia,..Hibiscus,..Camellia to Amaryllis,..and they produce blooms for me,..just lucky!.

Oh thank you for viewing the video,..i do appreciate that.

Philip

• cenepk10
    9 years ago

Stunning garden, Phillip & I enjoyed your video very much. How long have you tended that garden & what sort of fertilizer do you use ? Thank you so much for sharing. Intoxicating !!!! My head is spinning !!!! @glengarry23

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Cenepk10,
    The garden is 10 years in the making though i do change it every so often when i think i have a bright idea lol,..sometimes not so bright,..the small walls you spotted were added this spring,..the plants in the wall were inserted into old socks along with soil and are thriving,..as for fertilizer i only use Miracle-Grow plus all the contents of my Tea Bags go into the soil,..its good stuff.

Very pleased you enjoyed the video and blooms,..sorry the video was a tad long,..i must contain myself and make shorter ones.

Philip

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!