Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Garden pics

schoolhouse_gw
10 years ago

Here is a selection of some I've taken recently. It's hard to get the entire garden in one photo, so I end up taking basically the same pics each time. ha.

Comments (15)

• plantmaven
    10 years ago

All very pretty! Your phlox sure are tall.
    Everything looks lush like it did here earlier this years. But it is hot and dry now.
    I went to a plant swap this morning. But not to swap, just to see friends that I have not seen in a while. I left early as it was getting pretty hot.
    Kathy

• gardenweed_z6a
    10 years ago

It's hard to get the entire garden in one photo, so I end up taking basically the same pics each time.

Doesn't matter--it's the blooms & shadows, colors & textures that matter, not where you stand to shoot the picture. Thanks for sharing your lovely garden with the rest of us. Each photo says 'peaceful tranquility' to me.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, plantmaven. You're garden is always so nice.

We are expecting high temps all next week. I put another layer of leaf mulch down in areas where it was getting thin, to help keep some moisture in. I'll have to keep an eye on my containers to make sure the plants don't dry out.

Those phlox are so old. I finally thinned them out last Fall so they are looking happier this season. So far no mildew or yellowing at the bottom that is normal for them.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you gardenweed (good moniker!).

• plantmaven
    10 years ago

It was 102 here today! The forecast for tomorrow is 50% chance of rain. Boy I sure hope so.

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    10 years ago

Oh I love your stone paths? or Patio? and all your trimmed hedges! What a wonderful place you have.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Everything looks wonderful. Love all the stonwork and your beautiful trimmed hedges.
    kay

• lesmc
    10 years ago

You have a beautiful garden! My phlox has never grown that tall!! Thank you for sharing your garden with us. Lesley

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Beautiful and serene. Thanks for sharing!

• girlgroupgirl
    10 years ago

It looks "cool", even if it is hot out, your garden always has a cool, calming look about it and it also is so neat and tidy yet looks effortless. You really have got it down, schoolhouse!

• flowerladylorraine
    10 years ago

Very pretty and serene. You wouldn't know it was hot by those photos.

FlowerLady

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you.

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Thanks for the visual garden tour schoolhouse. I always enjoy getting to spend a day in your gardens.

• nulty
    10 years ago

Hi Schoolhouse,..as always your garden is lovely to view,..the blooms are beautiful and its the shapes of hedges and stones and paths that make viewing very interesting.

Philip

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

Wow! I don't know how I missed this thread when you first posted it. Your garden has such a great refined, formal yet still relaxed look. The pictures are so inviting just beckoning us to sit for a while with a cup of tea. Earl Grey for me, please!!

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz