Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden pics

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 21:08

Here is a selection of some I've taken recently. It's hard to get the entire garden in one photo, so I end up taking basically the same pics each time. ha.

photo 100_4789.jpg

photo 100_4788.jpg

photo 100_4783.jpg

photo 100_4800.jpg

photo 100_4799.jpg

photo 100_4797.jpg

photo 100_4796.jpg

photo 100_4793.jpg

photo 100_4791.jpg

photo 100_4733.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden pics

All very pretty! Your phlox sure are tall.
Everything looks lush like it did here earlier this years. But it is hot and dry now.
I went to a plant swap this morning. But not to swap, just to see friends that I have not seen in a while. I left early as it was getting pretty hot.
Kathy

o

It's hard to get the entire garden in one photo, so I end up taking basically the same pics each time.

Doesn't matter--it's the blooms & shadows, colors & textures that matter, not where you stand to shoot the picture. Thanks for sharing your lovely garden with the rest of us. Each photo says 'peaceful tranquility' to me.

o

Thanks, plantmaven. You're garden is always so nice.

We are expecting high temps all next week. I put another layer of leaf mulch down in areas where it was getting thin, to help keep some moisture in. I'll have to keep an eye on my containers to make sure the plants don't dry out.

Those phlox are so old. I finally thinned them out last Fall so they are looking happier this season. So far no mildew or yellowing at the bottom that is normal for them.

o

Thank you gardenweed (good moniker!).

o

It was 102 here today! The forecast for tomorrow is 50% chance of rain. Boy I sure hope so.

o

Oh I love your stone paths? or Patio? and all your trimmed hedges! What a wonderful place you have.

o

Everything looks wonderful. Love all the stonwork and your beautiful trimmed hedges.
kay

o

You have a beautiful garden! My phlox has never grown that tall!! Thank you for sharing your garden with us. Lesley

o

Beautiful and serene. Thanks for sharing!

o

It looks "cool", even if it is hot out, your garden always has a cool, calming look about it and it also is so neat and tidy yet looks effortless. You really have got it down, schoolhouse!

o

Very pretty and serene. You wouldn't know it was hot by those photos.

FlowerLady

o

Thank you.

o

Thanks for the visual garden tour schoolhouse. I always enjoy getting to spend a day in your gardens.

o

Hi Schoolhouse,..as always your garden is lovely to view,..the blooms are beautiful and its the shapes of hedges and stones and paths that make viewing very interesting.

Philip

o

Wow! I don't know how I missed this thread when you first posted it. Your garden has such a great refined, formal yet still relaxed look. The pictures are so inviting just beckoning us to sit for a while with a cup of tea. Earl Grey for me, please!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here