Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valree3_gw

I did it!!

valree3
11 years ago

My house and yard are both clean and weeded!! I'm exhausted but very happy! This is a pic. of my front yard.

Comments (25)

• beachgrub
    11 years ago

I love it! Very beautiful setting. You should be very proud! :) The split rail fence is a perfect match with your home. Your garden is awesome!!

• valree3
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I dont know how to post more then I pic at a time. This is my back flower bed in front of my veggie garden and greenhouse.

• valree3
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My back yard from my deck.

• valree3
    Original Author
    11 years ago

One more pic. The Ruby mountains looked really pretty tonight! Beachgrub, thanks for your kind words!

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

What a lovely setting you live in, and your gardens are pristine. I love the stonework on your house. I don't think I have ever had a clean house and a spiffed up garden at the same time. Well, I've never had a clean house, so I guess that goes without saying.

I really like the way your grassy paths meander through the beds. Good work!
    Renee

• mandolls
    11 years ago

My yard will never ever be that tidy and manicured.Luckily I have woods on two side of me, so the weeds just blend in :)

Its impressive.

• roxanna
    11 years ago

you know, it's folk like you that give me a huge complex. my property is surrounded by woods and a vernal swamp, more or less, and the wind and the birds manage to continually sow seeds of a large variety of weeds. mother nature is very generous to me in this department. my DH needs to take his weed whacker to try to make a dent in some areas of my garden beds, never mind the perimeter of the place. it is SO discouraging!

your house and gardens are lovely. now that you have finished, please come here for a visit and perform the same miracle! just the gardens -- i won't force you to deal with the mess indoors!

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

Very beautiful. I admire the way you have mirrored the colors of your plants on the sides of the paths. The circle beds are so nice.

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Lovely and Inspirational!!! I love the curves also and am just back from an inspiring tour of Butchart Gardens here on the island and am now gonna rip my whole yard apart and get some curves going!!! I envy just your grass!!! Dear Hubby tried to remove all the weeds from ours and now there are horrible divots and bare patches(never got to the resod part), I must show him these lovely pics!!!

• mytime
    11 years ago

Beautiful, and peaceful looking. Probably peaceful because, unlike my yard, I don't see a bunch of jobs (such as weeding) that need attending to!

• girlgroupgirl
    11 years ago

WOAH!!!!!!! Your house, your garden and the setting is just stunning! Absolutely beautiful. I just love your stone house!

• valree3
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words! I wanted to share these pics. because I've never been caught up with everything. My aunt is visiting next week, so the clean up began. This afternoon the bind weed has rebloomed in the grass, I found a patch of weeds I missed and the dog came in the house after visiting the irrigation ditch. There was a moment of pure bliss in knowing things where right. Back to reality!

• User
    11 years ago

Very picturesque house and garden,..that first picture is a winner,..lovely view of the mountains as well,..you did a real good job with the entire garden,..well done.

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

You had weeds in your house?
    " My house and yard are both clean and weeded"
    Sorry, could not resist. I love your bell. My grandparents had one like that. It was their emegency bell, before they had a phone.
    Every thing is beautiful. The picture of the trees and clouds reminds me of the ranch we lived on in AZ.

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    11 years ago

BeeYOOOOOOOOtiful!

Love the mountains and the gardens. Just lovely!

• aklinda
    11 years ago

Very beautiful. It's always my goal but if I ever have both my house clean and yard weeded at the same time I can die happy. Bindweed, purple nightshade and goatheads are the bane of my existence. But a girl needs goals!! Good job - many hours of work I'm sure but you have achieved wonderful results.

• onederw
    11 years ago

Congratulations! You have a great eye for color and structure--even the plants that are not in bloom hold great interest by their shape and their contrast with the plantings nearby.
    That first photo looks like the cover shot for one of those glossy real estate brochures that sometimes come in the mail:
    "For sale by owner--one cleaned and weeded home in immaculate condition. . . "
    Now put your feet up on the deck, and stop looking for something else that needs doing. Just grab something cold and frosty, and enjoy. Everything else can wait.

Kay

• thinman
    11 years ago

Outstanding!! I wish I could do that. I have a feeling that even before it was all weeded it looked pretty awesome. Very very nice.

ThinMan

• silverkelt
    11 years ago

Roxanna, I too live next to a vernal wetland and all of my gardens are converted woodland lots. Every few weeks I have to pull thousands of weeds, including hundreds of oak and maple and white pine and birch seedlings. Its non stop, plus Its a constant battle fighting to garden on the edge of woodlands, it always wants to overtake and expand back into the gardens.. then its trailing blackberry vines but the worst is ferns, always the ferns, you pull and pull and pull and hope, pray and sweat that you can hit thier #s back down.. Such is life =)

The beds next to the house are usually the cleanest, as they dont have to have the constant fight to maintain them, otherwise, I prefer people to look at my flowers only, I might make a sign up for that =P .

{{gwi:309251}}

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

Everything is very beautiful,the house,the gardens,all of it.My favorite is your backyard.TFS
    Kathi

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    11 years ago

W.O.W. I am in awe of how perfect it all looks. I am also loving your ((perfect)) grassy, curved paths. Like the trees you added into your beds- I wish now that I had added some more "bones" like that into my gardens early on.

And what an outstanding backdrop you have to your garden!

CMK

• chickadee_42us
    11 years ago

Nice job. Green grass is perfectly clipped and everything looks company ready. Sit back and have a glass of wine looking at that beautiful vista.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    11 years ago

I don't think I would ever leave the deck with views like that. What beautiful gardens and what a great spot you have there.

• pat_tea
    11 years ago

OMG Valree, your "back to reality" comment MADE MY DAY! I am seriously thinking about starting a "Country Club" for those of us who seek pristine but live in the reality of woods, animals and all that nature has to offer us. . . .

That said, I have to add that I REALLY love your house and the gardens you have nestled it in. Have you named your cottage?

• valree3
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Silverkelt- beautiful yard!!! Do you have problems with deer? I would love to see more of it. Christinmk - I bought a couple of trees 2 weeks ago, and I'm planning on adding them into a couple of flowerbeds. My aunt leaves Monday, so I can start digging up more lawn to make the beds bigger. This drives my DH crazy! Its never to late to add (bones)trees or plants! Pat tea- haven't named the home but our ranch is South Fork Ranch. Not original but we're on the south fork of the Humboldt river. Val

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz