Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dwarf crape myrtles

Posted by louisianagal z7bMS (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 14, 10 at 0:19

I will cross post this to La/Ms forum.
Have any of you successfully grown dwarf crape myrtle?
What size do they get to be? What cultivars have you grown and how do they perform? I am looking for a shrub for july/aug performance. What were its special needs?
Do you think I will find some in the fall? Is that the best time to plant? I am afraid to plant now becoz of the intense heat and no rain up here in north MS.
thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dwarf crape myrtles

I know that Lowe's should be just about to clearance their plants, if they still have any left. Our fall shipments of trees will be arriving here in late August. I would check those stores. Razzle Dazzle is the variety most of our stores carry. They top out around 4', but bloom in July rather than in the fall.

o
RE: dwarf crape myrtles

I have NEW ORLEANS. It is an orchid like color. It was slow to take off the first year. It finally got 2 and 1/2 feet tall, but spread out about 5 feet. I had to move it out of the flower bed to a place where it could do its own thing without covering its neighbors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here