Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures of Herb Cross post

Posted by ghoghunter Zone6b SE PA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 3, 10 at 7:11

I am trying to put together an herb presentation for my garden club. Here is a cross post from the herbs forum. I know many of you grow herbs in your cottage gardens and would love some nice pictures of your gardens to use.
Thanks in advance! Also once I get the presentation done I will be happy to share it with anyone who would like to use it!

Here is a link that might be useful: herb picture request

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures of Herb Cross post

I don't have any good herb pictures yet, but I do hope you'll post some of your favorites after the presentation :)

Did you ever see herblady's garden? She has some beautiful herbs!

o

I wrote to herblady and she did write me back. I am hoping to go visit her and her gardens later this month. I did see her pictures in the Potager forum and they are really wonderful. I can't wait to go see her gardens. Now from your forum name I was hoping you would have lots of lavendar pictures!!!! I am maybe halfway into the presentation and I am using photos and also pictures from wikipedia when I can't get anything else. One of the best resources so far is the online edition of The Herb Companion. It is fully searchable and I do have a subscription but even if you don't you can read all their old articles and lots of time they have a picture gallery as well! I love that magazine but now I love it twice as much!!!
Joann

o

The Herb Companion has some great pictures! I like their articles, too.

I do have some nice Hidcote lavender. I just figured out how to post pictures about 15 minutes ago (LOL) so I'll try to take a few and post them for you today or tomorrow :)

o

Oops, I posted it in the Herbs Forum :)

Here's a photo of chives with golden oregano in the background

Chives and Golden Oregano

o

Beautiful picture of the chives, blooming against the golden oregano!

Here is a picture of some Hidcote lavender, along the front of the garden bed.

Here is a close up of the Hidcote lavender.

And here's the same lavender, with a bumblebee :)

Just thought I'd throw the bee balm in...it just started blooming a few days ago.

o

See I knew you would have beautiful lavendar!!! Do you use it to make any herbal pillows or potpurri or anything? I am going to try making soap and also some hand cream for the first time. What really surprised me though was the prices for the ingredients! No wonder cosmetics are so expensive! I did find that the craft stores have smaller amounts and therefor they are cheaper than the health food stores where the containers are larger and really high priced!
Joann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here