Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ghoghunter

Pictures of Herb Cross post

ghoghunter
13 years ago

I am trying to put together an herb presentation for my garden club. Here is a cross post from the herbs forum. I know many of you grow herbs in your cottage gardens and would love some nice pictures of your gardens to use.

Thanks in advance! Also once I get the presentation done I will be happy to share it with anyone who would like to use it!

Here is a link that might be useful: herb picture request

Comments (6)

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

I don't have any good herb pictures yet, but I do hope you'll post some of your favorites after the presentation :)

Did you ever see herblady's garden? She has some beautiful herbs!

• ghoghunter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I wrote to herblady and she did write me back. I am hoping to go visit her and her gardens later this month. I did see her pictures in the Potager forum and they are really wonderful. I can't wait to go see her gardens. Now from your forum name I was hoping you would have lots of lavendar pictures!!!! I am maybe halfway into the presentation and I am using photos and also pictures from wikipedia when I can't get anything else. One of the best resources so far is the online edition of The Herb Companion. It is fully searchable and I do have a subscription but even if you don't you can read all their old articles and lots of time they have a picture gallery as well! I love that magazine but now I love it twice as much!!!
    Joann

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

The Herb Companion has some great pictures! I like their articles, too.

I do have some nice Hidcote lavender. I just figured out how to post pictures about 15 minutes ago (LOL) so I'll try to take a few and post them for you today or tomorrow :)

• pfmastin
    13 years ago

Oops, I posted it in the Herbs Forum :)

Here's a photo of chives with golden oregano in the background

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Beautiful picture of the chives, blooming against the golden oregano!

Here is a picture of some Hidcote lavender, along the front of the garden bed.

{{gwi:251323}}

Here is a close up of the Hidcote lavender.

{{gwi:735713}}

And here's the same lavender, with a bumblebee :)

{{gwi:735714}}

Just thought I'd throw the bee balm in...it just started blooming a few days ago.

{{gwi:320315}}

• ghoghunter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

See I knew you would have beautiful lavendar!!! Do you use it to make any herbal pillows or potpurri or anything? I am going to try making soap and also some hand cream for the first time. What really surprised me though was the prices for the ingredients! No wonder cosmetics are so expensive! I did find that the craft stores have smaller amounts and therefor they are cheaper than the health food stores where the containers are larger and really high priced!
    Joann

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting