Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Summer Garden Pictures on the 1st of August

newyorkrita
12 years ago

This is part of my backyard today featuring lots of late blooming daylilies.

{{gwi:737102}}

General View

{{gwi:737104}}

HEARTS OF FIRE row with the red roses blooming. You can just see a piece of the Hearts OF Fire row toward the right in the first picture.

{{gwi:737106}}

Back bed.

{{gwi:737108}}

Riot of late blooming daylilies.

{{gwi:737109}}

Closer view.

{{gwi:737111}}

Clumpshots

{{gwi:737113}}

Another clumpshot.

{{gwi:737114}}

And the last one.

Comments (13)

• proudgm_03
    12 years ago

Rita your gardens are beautiful as always!

• Annie
    12 years ago

Rita,
    Hearts of Fire and the last one are my two FAVES - big time.
    And I also like the Mauve (?) daylilies in the first picture and the coral (?) with frilled edges in the 6th frame. The Mauve is such an unusual color. Love those rich tropical colors. By Golly! Your gardens are just gorgeous!! I am in such awe and admiration!

~Annie

• oldgardener_2009
    12 years ago

Wow, that's so pretty!

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

where have you been? I thought you might be having computer problems again.

As usual, just beautiful.

Kathy

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Gorgeous as usual Rita,love that last lily,and the colorations on it.
    TFS
    Kathi

• Annie
    12 years ago

Rita,
    What is the name of that red rose? It looks like Robin Hood. Such a deep true red. Love it! I love the way you designed that area - the Red rose in combination with the red daylily. That is Fabulous!
    How far apart did you space them to allow them to grow together without overpowering one another? I have a problem with spacing.

~Annie

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Beautiful photos as always!!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all. I have been at the daylily forum as it is daylily season and just busy with the gardens.

Annie, the red rose there with HEARTS OF FIRE is LAVAGLUT a really great Floribunda that has great staying power. But then so so those Hearts of Fire as they are still not done blooming. I put them about 18 inches apart, maybe closer, when I want them to grow together like that.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful colors and green, green foliage. I don't know how you do it. Great planning.

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

what is the name of the daylily in last pic?

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

BOLD WITNESS. It is a Korth intro.

• susie_gardener_2007
    12 years ago

Your garden looks so lush! We've had 108+ degree heat and no rain here in OK and all my daylilies have dried up leaves and stalks even though we have watered. I was cleaning the beds while watering today and was happy to see some new green growth coming out of the ground, so maybe all is not lost. Absolutely love your color combinations!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks. Fortunately our summer temps are no where near that high plus we have been getting rain lately.

I like lots of color in my flower gardens and hot colors are my favorites.