Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Pretty Morning Here

thinman
12 years ago

I usually have my breakfast sitting at the computer checking on posts, messages, news, and such, but this morning was so pretty that I had to eat on our front porch. It hit me that we're going to run out of mornings like this way too soon, and I'd better take advantage while I still could.

It was beautiful, in the low 70s, with a little breeze. I took a picture from my chair so you all could share it with me. That's Annie being pretty in the grass.

Hope your day is nice too.

ThinMan

Comments (15)

• mary_lu_gw
    12 years ago

I just love mornings like that. Yes the summer is fast coming to an end. Annie looks like she is enjoying it as well. It looks so peaceful. Thank you for sharing.

My morning was vastly different, but just as wonderful! We had thunderstorms that started about 5 AM and just ended a short while ago. Very little wind, but beautiful rain. My gauge shows a little over 3/4 inch. That is the first rain we have had this month!

• natal
    12 years ago

Nice view! I'd be sitting outside too if we had temps like that. Enjoy!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

TM, can I come sit on your front porch with you, such a lovely view so peaceful. On second thought forget I asked, I'd never be able to get out of my chair.

Annie is a such a gorgeous girl, I haven't seen many irish setters, one or two at most.

Annette

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Same here, beautiful morning, beautiful afternoon. I went to Mom's at 10am to cut back her daylilies for her. She's undergoing another round of chemo and usually has no problems but this time it's making her nauseous. Anyhow, I ended up starting at the beginning of her long perennial border and deadheading phlox and other flowers, cutting back lilies and weeding and didn't finish until 2pm. We did have a nice lunch break though. She made scalloped potatoes and then sliced up big tomatoes. Unfortunately she could only eat a small portion but my stepdad and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Neighbor came out as I was leaving and asked, "Did you guys feel the earthquake? I was laying on the couch and felt "something move"".

• DYH
    12 years ago

Lovely view from your porch. Sweet dog!

We have our oatmeal and coffee (several cups) on our front porch everyday from spring through fall. Just came in from the front porch...we also go out there for a half hour before the news each evening, too. Our ceiling fan helps to make the heat better, but today was gorgeous weather!

The quake was felt here, but not having ever experienced it, we thought it was the hospital helicopter (we're in the path) shaking the house!

Cameron

• natal
    12 years ago

Schoolhouse, what part of Ohio? I heard it was felt in Detroit and Indianapolis. Asked my brother in Ft. Wayne if he felt it, but he hasn't answered my email yet.

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

That is a beautifully peaceful view. As far as the earthquake, we felt it in Grand Rapids, MI. I was sitting in a meeting on the third floor of our office building, and everything shook like a really heavy truck was driving by, but no noise. Almost everyone on our floor felt it.

Martha

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

What a lovely view and Annie is a beauty. Maybe I'll have some temps like that in late September or October, but we are still quite hot (mid nineties) I just set the fan up to give me a breeze, and I still drink my coffee in the garden.
    kay

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

It was gorgeous here too--thanks for sharing your peaceful morning TM! I just love these cool, crisp, end-of-summer mornings when everything's diamond dusted with morning dew.

The quake was felt here in central CT and we evacuated the office building where I work [on the top floor] after the floor/walls/cubicles started dancing around. Sirens sounded just as I reached the 1st floor. That's my second earthquake in that building and I admit I was terrified. Sure wouldn't miss it if we never had another.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

natal, Wayne County, Northeast Ohio. I didn't feel anything, but cousin who works at Cleveland Clinic in Wooster and many staff there did.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

At this time of the year we enjoy our deck if there is a good breeze, otherwise mosquitoes eat us. I put spray/lotion on when I work in the garden but don't want to use it when I am picking veggies or eating a meal.

I didn't feel the earthquake here. Heard on the noon news about the earthquake in CO and was surprised to hear later that thee was one in W. D. C. area.

• Annie
    12 years ago

Oh! Wow! My namesake! She has grown from an adorable pup into a beautiful dog. You keep her very well groomed. Lovely. I haven't seen an Irish Setter in years. Gorgeous dogs. She suits your place. I mean, she is the prefect dog for your country home.

What a great view! So pastoral and green! I can almost hear the whippoorwills calling. Love it!

Got any fresh coffee going? I could use a cup!

~Annie

• thinman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm glad you all could enjoy the view with me, and it's fun to read all your comments. What nice people you are. Thanks for joining in. :)

Annette and Annie - Yes. Pop on over. The coffee is fresh right now and we can sit and figure out how to improve my little corner cottage garden that is just in front of the porch. I need to get my shovel out and make some changes.

I didn't feel any quake up in this neck of the woods.

TM

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Meant to comment yesterday on your beautiful, peaceful picture. Annie looks so content, I just know it has to be all the picture speaks of! IMO, our pets are our radar detectors and if they are relaxed then our surroundings must be relaxing! Would love to visit your garden just to enjoy it but will have to do it via the internet! Thank you for sharing your view of life one pic at a time! Hugs to Annie then take one for yourself..... :)

Ginny Garden
    Gairden's Shelties
    Edmonton AB

• Min3 South S.F. Bay CA
    12 years ago

It was a crisp cool morning here in California and I didn't feel a thing as far as quakes go, :-) but my niece sure did, up on the 13th floor of a building in Richmond, Virginia.

Not long after the sun got up over my trees, it was quickly too hot to work (play) in the garden so I abandoned it for chores in the house. We ended up at 93 in the shade but because of no humidity and a tiny breeze, I went back out much later to sit very still and read in my shady corner and it was comfortable. This is why I love California summers after living for years on the steamy east coast!

ps- I think Annie would look pretty anywhere!

Sponsored