Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

My top twelve seedlings from this years crop.

silverkelt
12 years ago

Ok , I found this difficult =) but I told myself not to overdo it here. I cut it down to seedlings that bloomed for the first year and my 12 favorite of those. If you really want to see more you can scroll through the daylily forum to find them =P

1. First off a seedling cross (my first third generation one)

2. Bird Talk x KWO seedlings

{{gwi:737827}}

3. Bass Gibson X Randy Stephens.. (2 pics)

4. Following are all Ron Valente X Purple Cheetah..

{{gwi:376391}}

5. RV X PC

6. RV X PC

{{gwi:376390}}

7. Stippled Starship X PC

8. Jerry Hyatt X Dangling Participle

9. Glory in Red X Talledega

{{gwi:376392}}

1. Maybe my favorite of this year... Jerry Hyatt X Dangling Partciple

1. Bali Watercolr X or1

1. Im breaking the rule with this one. as I showed it last year and I had others I equally enjoy, but this one shows this early morning color that I love.. and I had to share it =P ! lol

Comments (16)

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Oh my word!!! Those are incredible!
    #4 just knocked my socks off and I also liked 5, 10, and 1 although all of them are lovely.

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Wowee!! Gorgeous... every one of them!

• downeastwaves
    12 years ago

OMG! Those are WICKED NICE!

I LOVE JJ Newberry's 5&10!

• DYH
    12 years ago

All are stunning! I am partial to the purple colors! Wonderful.

Cameron

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Holy Snappin' Animals!!! Those are exquisite!! Love them ALL!! Fav's are 10 and 12. That pink on 12 is indescribable! WOW!!! TFS!!:)

• Annie
    12 years ago

Totally sensational colors and combinations!

I like 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10 & 12, not particularly in that order.

Glory in Red X Talledega is probably my favorite tho'. I'm partial to hot colors, especially reds and that one has it all!

Great photos too btw!

~Annie

• Cher
    12 years ago

You have some real beauties there.
    Cher

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness. Absolutely lovely!

• mandolls
    12 years ago

I have never been that fond of day lilies, but yours are amazing!

Are you selling, trading or giving away seed? I would take any of those.

• mytime
    12 years ago

All I can say is WOW, and all the other words that others all ready used!

• Annie
    12 years ago

Came for a second gander.

I LOVE the seedling. Love those golden edges. Just beautiful!
    ~Annie

• silverkelt
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments.

mandolls, I actually do post a few from time to time for sale on the LA, but you can buy very good crosses there as well.

The only issue is to whom to trust, there are VERY good sellers and very bad ones. There are some that have the latest and greatest, but thier seeds are never viable.

If you go to lilyauction.com and go do the seeds section, look up farmerbell, ladylovingdove, rich, ruby, boxcar, jbenz, ahead, scooter.. These are all either poeple personally who post here on gardenweb or owns nuseries or are hybridizers who sells seeds. There are a few more really good sellers.

But best to avoid the hacks, lots of people trying to earn money off you and the seeds are terrible. There was one so bad that she changed their name this year.. but same old crap, steller cross, but seeds will not be viable.

to get the latest genetics , 5 seeds go about 20 dollars, out of those 5 seeds you may or may not get anything worth keeping. Its a crapshoot, the bigboys start 20k seeds or more a year. Even those who think they are smart about thier choices do 5-10 k. Im small time lol, with just my own private garden plots, I start 500 or so a year.

Silverkelt

• janroze
    12 years ago

Oh my gosh, silver. #1,3, 11 and 13 are to die for. It sounds like a lot of work and too much time and space for me. So I will just have to live off the others breeding and love them all the more. gramma jan

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

Are 4 and 5 really that purple? I've seen them that color in catalogs, only to be disappointed in person that they are always much more red than blue.

But what gorgeous combinations you've made! Must be kind of fun!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

How'd I miss this thread, excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor, Breathtaking!!!

Annette

• silverkelt
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Gotta Garden,

Yes my pictures are as true to colour as i can get them..

Daylilies are variable , thier brightest colours are early morning.. some hold faster than others..

The genetics in the last 20 years in daylilies have exploded, each round bringing clearer , brighter, bigger, rufffled ect ect.. Its the goldenage of daylily hybridizing, its fun.

What may be true to colour here in my garden, may indeed be slighly off in yours or someone elses, however.. most of them are close to shade at least.

Here are some more purples to enjoy.. I wont list paranteges or anything..

Sponsored