Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update Pics

Posted by calamity_j z7bc (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 16, 11 at 14:40

Hi All! I was wondering thru the yard and picked some flowers, it feels so good to have such lovely flowers on my table that I grew myself!!! WhooHoo! I have been working so much that even tho the yard is sadly underwatered, I am happy that everything is surviving, it must be that bit of effort done in the spring!

2011 bouquet

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dunno why the name tags didn't show: Rose bud is Moma Mia: unknown 3"dahlia, Hot papaya coneflower, Westerland Climbing rose, and the last pic is a volunteer Glad!!!lol!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update Pics

Gay feathers are one of my favorite flowers.

At my last house I had a field of them. The new owner had the field bulldozed. So sad.

o

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

o

What a sight for my sore, tired eyes!! Beautiful in the eyes of this beholder!! TFS!

o

Sooooo pretty Calam.... the darn deer got Frank's Mama Mia :(.
I've got a piece of Joe Pye Weed dug out and potted for you, I finally got the overgrown top bed cleaned out and I mean cleaned out.

Annette

o

Beautiful!

o

That bouquet is gorgeous. I love the combo of the alstromeria and the lily in front of it.

o

OMG I adore that pic of the cute froggie on your beautiful coneflower. I like the color combo of your boquet too...
Thanks for sharing
CMK

o

Yay! Nice! I always glance at alsteomerias and think " I want them!" (Yours are lovely, btw) but for some reason I'm scared that they're too high maintenance.

o

I planted alsteomerias(last year) next to the house in a bed that they are protected from the winter weather, gave them some seasoil compost this year and a soakerhose around them and they grew! Last year they were very wimpy barely nothing! I kinda ignored/gave up on them this year, and WOW! They were just THERE one day, it seemed!lol!
Dear Hubby had moved the glad bulbs I was trying to dry out last winter...out into the rain and they all got soggy and moldy...grrr, so was pleasantly suprised when I saw this volunteer show up! It has about 2inches of gravel it travelled thru to get to the surface!!! Have done nothing to get it to grow...except tell dear hubby to not weedwack it down!ha! Thanks for all your nice comments, I do so enjoy this forum!

o

Your bouquet of flowers is absolutely beautiful! Mine should look that good when I have perfect weather!

I too have always wanted to try Alsteomeria.
Spring and early summer are my best months for flowers here, so Maybe next year I will try some.

You are not only a great gardener, but you have an artistic ability for creating bouquets.

Thanks for sharing Ms. Jane!

~Annie

o

Beautiful pics, esp the first of the bouquet! You make me wish for lilies - tho I worry they would be yet more deer candy. ;)

o

Very lovely! That bouquet is wonderful.

The summer glads here came back again and I'm in zone 7b. Surprised me, actually.

Cameron

o

My Glads grew tall and then got fried before they could bloom.
I spotted two little Glad leaves a minute ago, too!

Do you think they could finally bloom this time?

Oh, I hope so!!

~Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here