Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Update Pics

Calamity_J
12 years ago

Hi All! I was wondering thru the yard and picked some flowers, it feels so good to have such lovely flowers on my table that I grew myself!!! WhooHoo! I have been working so much that even tho the yard is sadly underwatered, I am happy that everything is surviving, it must be that bit of effort done in the spring!

Dunno why the name tags didn't show: Rose bud is Moma Mia: unknown 3"dahlia, Hot papaya coneflower, Westerland Climbing rose, and the last pic is a volunteer Glad!!!lol!

Comments (13)

• soxxxx
    12 years ago

Gay feathers are one of my favorite flowers.

At my last house I had a field of them. The new owner had the field bulldozed. So sad.

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

What a sight for my sore, tired eyes!! Beautiful in the eyes of this beholder!! TFS!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

Sooooo pretty Calam.... the darn deer got Frank's Mama Mia :(.
    I've got a piece of Joe Pye Weed dug out and potted for you, I finally got the overgrown top bed cleaned out and I mean cleaned out.

Annette

• oldgardener_2009
    12 years ago

Beautiful!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

That bouquet is gorgeous. I love the combo of the alstromeria and the lily in front of it.

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

OMG I adore that pic of the cute froggie on your beautiful coneflower. I like the color combo of your boquet too...
    Thanks for sharing
    CMK

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Yay! Nice! I always glance at alsteomerias and think " I want them!" (Yours are lovely, btw) but for some reason I'm scared that they're too high maintenance.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I planted alsteomerias(last year) next to the house in a bed that they are protected from the winter weather, gave them some seasoil compost this year and a soakerhose around them and they grew! Last year they were very wimpy barely nothing! I kinda ignored/gave up on them this year, and WOW! They were just THERE one day, it seemed!lol!
    Dear Hubby had moved the glad bulbs I was trying to dry out last winter...out into the rain and they all got soggy and moldy...grrr, so was pleasantly suprised when I saw this volunteer show up! It has about 2inches of gravel it travelled thru to get to the surface!!! Have done nothing to get it to grow...except tell dear hubby to not weedwack it down!ha! Thanks for all your nice comments, I do so enjoy this forum!

• Annie
    12 years ago

Your bouquet of flowers is absolutely beautiful! Mine should look that good when I have perfect weather!

I too have always wanted to try Alsteomeria.
    Spring and early summer are my best months for flowers here, so Maybe next year I will try some.

You are not only a great gardener, but you have an artistic ability for creating bouquets.

Thanks for sharing Ms. Jane!

~Annie

• irene_dsc
    12 years ago

Beautiful pics, esp the first of the bouquet! You make me wish for lilies - tho I worry they would be yet more deer candy. ;)

• DYH
    12 years ago

Very lovely! That bouquet is wonderful.

The summer glads here came back again and I'm in zone 7b. Surprised me, actually.

Cameron

• Annie
    12 years ago

My Glads grew tall and then got fried before they could bloom.
    I spotted two little Glad leaves a minute ago, too!

Do you think they could finally bloom this time?

Oh, I hope so!!

~Annie

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations