Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Need some help with grapes and trumpet vine :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Mom has concord and seedless concord grapes planted around her back deck. She just put these in last year, so they're still small enough to move. I'm helping her modify her garden a bit, to get rid of anything that attracts yellow jackets...so I have two questions.

First, will trumpet vine bring in yellow jackets? She has a couple of small ones I could move over to the deck...or leave in another location. I know, they're a mess, but with our cold winters, they seem to be easier to control. We've been driving around checking out neighbors' vines, and they seem to be more like small wisteria around here.

Second, what can I use to support the grapes that will still look nice in my kitchen garden? It doesn't have to be really fancy, just strong enough to support them. I have some old cattle panels, but how tall do grape supports need to be? They're four feet tall and pretty ugly, but if I cut them down to three feet, they'd be hidden by the outer edge of shrubs. Would PVC pipe work? Any ideas? I need to do this in the next few weeks, so cheap and easy would be great :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County