Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few new pictures - August garden

Posted by cedarglen Northwest WA (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 16:10

Hello everyone,

I managed to take a couple of pictures yesterday and thought I'd post a few on here. My August garden looks pretty good in some places and pretty ratty in others. I will post the good pictures :). I've been trying to take photos every month to see where I need to move things and improve places, and boy, I'm going to be writing a long list of improvements for August! Certain areas just look so tired... do many of you experience the same thing, or have you fine tuned your gardens to look good most months? That is my goal!

Anyhow, here are some pics:

Photobucket">

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few new pictures - August garden

Such SPLENDOR!
Absolutely breathtaking!!!

~Annie

o

wow wow wow - you must have a lot of space to work with it looks amazing! What are the orange flowers in the first two pics?

o

That angle in the first pic (echinachea?) is incredible-worth framing! Your garden looks terrific!

o

Lovely!!!

o

Gor-ge-ous!!!!!!!

o

Pretty! Please tell me all those things are not blooming now!
Here that would be like fine tuning He**.

Kathy

o

Hello again,

Thank you for the nice comments. The orange flowers in the first and second pictures are helenium, or sneezeweed. Not a very good name for such a beautiful plant!

Thanks again for looking!

o

Gorgeous!

o

Lovely pics--makes me yearn for your Northwest climate. I don't think Helenium would grow well here in Ohio. I especially like the poppies with those blue hydrangea. What makes me nervous, though, is the gooseneck--so invasive.

o

AMAZING! you do a great job. Wish my garden looked that well!

o

Love that you have big clumps of perennials, not onesies and twosies. Fabulous helenium!

What is that pretty pink flower with the blue hydrangeas? Some sort of poppy?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here