Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The TB Iris came and I am planting.

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 17:25

Photobucket

The UPS man just brought my second TB iris order which I had been waiting for. So I will be planting them today. This will finish up the new iris bed in the upstairs backyard.

I got 30 iris from the first order (Mid America) and 15 from this one (Napa County). These are definately much bigger rhizomes than the ones from the first order, I am quite impressed.

Here is a picture today of the iris bed with the first batch planted over the weekend. Have to get todays planted and take another picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The TB Iris came and I am planting.

That bed looks fabulous, Rita. There is no cure for the ever planting gardener.
kay

o

Todays iris go right down the middle. Notice all the daylilies in bloom back there in one of the late bloomer beds.

o

I finished planting them and watered them good to get them growing. I noticed that the ones already planted are starting to grow already.

The entire bed looks great if I do say so myself. Looks much more finished with that third (Middle) row of iris in instead of the empty space.

Its too dark to take pictures so I will do that tomorrow. I am very pleased with it.

o

Since I got the TB iris bed done I also got inspired and today I planted that long brick edged narrow garden section that I had planned for annuals that is in front of the iris bed. You can just see a verbena that is off to either end that I had there.

At any rate I had started some Cosmos Cosmic Red seed and some Zinnias Zahara Double Fire seeds. But I started them late and still haddn't even put them in ground. I just figgured why not get them inground finially and put them along in there.

I also stuck some potulacas I had in a pot in the middle there as I just wanted this stuff done and planted. Geezz, it's August already. Don't know what I was waiting for LOL!

o

It's looking good Rita. They are going to look great
next year..I've been very lazy with my garden lately.
This is the time of year I get burned out. Seeing
your Iris's makes me want to plant some. Maybe I'll
take a peek at some.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here