Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimeekitty

newly planted irises, rose blooms and butterflies

aimeekitty
13 years ago

A butterfly and hummingbird at my local nursery:

my first iris order (ever) came in! :) near them are La Reine rose, Baronne Prevost rose, agapanthus, grosso lavender.

a few rose blooms from recently

Compt de Chambord:

{{gwi:216131}}

mystery free rose

{{gwi:216132}}

Sydonie

{{gwi:216135}}

Comments (6)

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

The roses are lovely Aimee. The iris will really give you a beautiful area when they bloom. I love roses and iris.
    kay

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Pretty roses! Your mystery rose might be Tamora (David Austin) but hard to tell for sure.

Your garden is really looking nice and great pictures of the butterfly and hummingbird :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

When you say this is your first iris ever, do you mean you haven't grown them in your garden before? Just wondering, because do you think maybe the iris will crowd each other being planted so closely together? Doesn't take them but a couple seasons to double in size.

That mystery rose caught my eye too - lovely color. You scored.

• aimeekitty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks you guys! schoolhouse, yes, it's my first time planting. Maybe I'll thin them out a little bit and move some elsewhere, then, thanks!

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

I agree with Schoolhouse- those irises will multiply rapidly and you will be dividing irises next year. I would plant each color about three feet apart. If you have several rhizomes of the same color, you can plant them in a circle 8" to 12" apart. This will save you much labor next year and the following year.
    Renee

• luckygal
    13 years ago

Great pics of the butterfly and hummingbird! Love the color of your mystery rose! I'll have to see if there is a hardy rose in that apricot color as I'd love one like that. Of course I like the pink roses also - all the new ones I bot are various shades of pink as I just couldn't resist them.

What color irises did you get? You will be surprised at how fast they grow and multiply. I love irises! TFS

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County