Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nulty

June Blooms,

nulty
10 years ago

Some June Blooms,..in fact all of June by way of a video as well,..be warned the video is all of 26 minutes long.

starting off in early June with Aquilegia and progressing until the garden is dense with blooms.

Video===June Blooms.

Philip

Comments (27)

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aquilegia.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aquilegia.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aquilegia.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aquilegia,'Nora Barlow'.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Scotch Broom.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wallflower.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wallflower.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oxalis Debilis,'Shamrocks Pink'.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nasturtium.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dwarf Morning Glory,..(non climber).

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Delphinium.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Digitalis,'Foxglove'.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dahlia Pompon,'Golden Scepter',

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

General View.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

General View.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

General View.

• luckygal
    10 years ago

Very pretty! Thanks for posting your beautiful pics and a warning about the length of the video as a 26 minute video would cost me a lot on my system.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi luckygal,
    Glad you enjoyed the pictures,..the warning of the almost 26 minutes long video was really to ensure anyone viewing would have coffee in hand,..but its not a download its a click and view from Youtube so there should be no problems there,..you should give it a try and let me know.

Philip

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Amazing how many beautiful containers you have in your garden. Do you swap out containers for fall blooming plants and have another out of sight area to grow on these spring bloomers for next year?

Thanks for the link. So much to see! Your cat is right at home amongst the plants. Also saw the skunk.

TFS

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi mnwsgal,..i do tend to swap around containers to fill gaps through the seasons,..containers are so handy for this,..seeds and bulbs also cuttings are always coming along so i have something new to add for showing,..some bulbs i had sown during late summer are just blooming at present even though we are well into Autumn.

Tigridia pavonia,'Tiger Flower/Mexican Shell Flower'.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

These flowers come in pink,yellow and red alas only last two days but they are impressive.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lilium,'Dimension'.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

What a nice video. Thanks so much for sharing it.
    Soooooo.......just how many varieties of aquilegia do you have? They really are stellar and unique.
    The allium sequence was brilliant. If you miniaturize it, it looked almost like a bouquet of tulips opening.
    What was the white flower in bloom right after that sequence?
    Are there 2 different brooms of the same variety in the garden. It looked like there were. Those are insane!! I love how they are tree form. Is that pretty standard over there? I've only seen them as shrubs here and I've failed miserably at them a few times.
    The close-up clematis was gorgeous. Do you know the name?
    Is there some sort of tower or steeple in the background? How do the pictures of your garden look with that as a backdrop?
    Your foxglove is so tall!
    Is fuschia hardy for you?

Sorry so many questions. I really enjoyed your pictures/video. It doesn't look like you have a huge amount of space, but the amount of plant material and variety is wonderful. You must have to really plan and then at times use some constraint. Fantastic!

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi thyme2dig,..delighted you viewed the video,..though it was a tad long.

Those Aquilegia vary so much each year that i never know how many i have,..and of course new colours appear and with no resemblance to the ones i started with,..i was very pleased to see an Aquilegia,'Nora Barlow',..appear last year.

That white flower you asked about is a Dwarf Dahlia,..i have it in yellow as well as a few other Dwarf varieties.

That Clematis is named "Dorothy Walton",..i have another named "Freckles",..it has a smaller flower but impressive enough,..Clematis thrive here,..perhaps its due to our early morning mists and many rainfalls.

The steeple is one one building away,..its a church where they still say mass in Latin,..most churches here have changed to English,..they use my flowers for the Altar,..keeps me up on points lol.

Space i am stuck for,..but i don't mind as my last garden was huge and i found myself there from dawn to dusk,..now i can put in a few hours now and then.

Ah yes constraint,..its a cottage i live in and so the intent was a cottage garden packed with flowers and closing in on the paths as the seasons changed however i sometimes find myself unable to walk through and hate to cut the flowers back,..but the colour and scents are very enjoyable.

Philip

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    10 years ago

I think the word "magical" might sum it all up for me ;-)

Yours is a garden I would enjoy roaming around for hours admiring your botanical goodies. Well done Philip!
    CMK

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi CMK,..ah " magical",..nice description,..plants an blooms surely are a wonder,.. every time we wander about the garden there is something new,..i look after my neighbors garden its mostly surplus plants from my own garden,..i gave her some "Tigridia pavonia",..'Tiger Flower/Mexican Shell Flower',..and surprise surprise hers are coming out in double blooms,..and if i am not mistaken a treble bloom looks promising,..of all the luck.

Philip

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Perhaps a treble bloom is coming along after the double.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks