Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
8-8-8 fertilizer

Posted by woodsgranny Z9 S LA. (woodsgranny3@aol.com) on
Wed, Aug 20, 08 at 20:14

i found a bi bag of 8-8-8 fertilizer in the shed,don't know what my husband had used it for.question is,can i use it on plants? ir what is it used for? TIA.patricia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 8-8-8 fertilizer

8-8-8 signifies that the fertilizer contains 8%nitrogen (N), 8% phosphorus (P), 8% potassium (K) by weight.

You can apply it to the planting area in the spring.
It's an inorganic, all purpose fertilizer.

Libby

o

which means,i can't use it now on bedding plants or potted plants that have rarely been fertilized? are you meaning it should be worked in the soil? thanks libby,i feel like a dumbo,patricia

o

There are no dumb questions here at the Cottage Gardens, Patricia.:)

Granular fertilizers slowly release nutrients over a few months and it's a better idea to use it at the start of the season. Sprinkle it on the soil and scrape it in. You can still use liquid fertilizer on your plants. It will perk them up. Good luck. Feel free to ask any time you need too.

Libby

o

oh well,tightwad lazy me,i thought i could get by using it on some shrubs or something.next year i'll forget about it,but thanks to all of you for your info.
patricia

o
888 fertilizer

I live in Ft. Mitchell, Alabama and would like to know where I can locally buy 888 fertilizer (the largest bags) at a reasonable cost.

o

Can i prepare this 8-8-8 or close fertilizer myself by combining different organic fertilizers.
\

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here