Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally some Heavenly Blue MGs & friends

Posted by janepa Z5-6 PA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 19, 10 at 20:54

It has taken what seems like forever for my Heavenly Blue morning glories to bloom, but now they are loaded with buds. I grew them from seed, and they were rather spindly so maybe that is why it took so long. I also bought a couple plants at a garden center and they looked more sturdy, but they only had a few blooms early, and then they took a rest also. Our temps have been in the 90s for more days than I can remember in the past here in central PA.

A front view

A side view with a friend, a double deep pink mandevilla

And in early summer, a favorite daylily - Casual Pleasure

And my favorite daylily, at least if you ask me today -Metaphor, early in the season.

I do not see much blooming besides the catmint, Rose of Sharon, Lo & Behold Blue Chip butterfly bush, which I recommend, along with the beautiful Adonis Blue, and the Pink Delight butterfly bushes, hibiscus, and a couple of hollyhocks, many cosmos, 4 o'clocks, and other annuals.

Thank you for checking out my MGs. Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally some Heavenly Blue MGs & friends

Wow!

o

Very pretty combination with the blue and the pink!

o

Beautiful...such a dreamy combo!

o

Love the MGs and double mandevilla! A very striking combo. This is the first time I have seen the double mandevilla. No one carried it around here.

If I remember correctly the year I did plant Heavenly Blue MGs, they bloomed about this time of year. Seemed like I waited forever for them to start blooming. Thinking I will have to try them again next year. :-)

o

Nice. Wish mine would put out that many blooms all at once. Guess I need more patience this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here