Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladygladys

My Pink Garden

ladygladys
12 years ago

Hi here are a few pics of sow flowers I summer sowed since I did not get to wintersow this past winter. They were supposed to be a mix of colors but the pink has taken over.

Comments (10)

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Beautiful!! I just love pink flowers--they make my eyes smile. That monarch looks pretty happy too!

• paulah_gardener
    12 years ago

Thank you for posting pictures, they are lovely. Paula

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

So pretty. You made my morning!

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

LOVELY!! Is that a white scabiosa in the last picture or a cosmo?

• Annie
    12 years ago

Oh, the Balsam is beautiful. I sowed seeds this year but they didn't even sprout! :(
    The Scabiosa, Nicotiana and Cosmos are very pretty too. I need to find seed for the short Cosmos in white and pinks. The tall ones flop so bad. I had several kinds of the short varieties for years, but can't find the seeds for them now - only Sensation. I like the Picots and Seashells. Is that a double?
    None of my beautiful purple and burgundy Nicotiana came back this year. Bad year for pretties this year here in Okie.
    Thanks for posting your pictures. I like pictures!

~Annie

• ladygladys
    Original Author
    12 years ago

crackingtheconcrete, those are all scabiosas in the last picture. There maybe a white one or two there along with the pink.

annie, the stalk on my balsam is so thick, it reminds me of celery or rhubarb. My seed packet came from dollar general, if you want I will save some seeds for you. My cosmos were okay until tropical storm Irene came around then they started flopping. BTW my cosmos are the double click ones.
    paula, cyn and gardenweed thanks for the compliments!

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Gladys - where'd you get the scabiosa seeds you summer sowed? I'm hoping to grow them next year--just got Beaujolais Bonnets seeds from Hazzards.

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Oh my! I love your pink garden (and pink isn't even my faorite color, lol)! That balsalm is incredible. A lady down the street gave me a few starts this spring and I am in love with them. I really like yours though- they seem almoust double and very ruffly!
    Lovely...thanks for sharing.
    CMK

• ladygladys
    Original Author
    12 years ago

gardenweed I got them back in 2009 at Target the name was Burpee Summer Berries. All the seeds I have now are from ones I harvested since then. I can give ya some if you like but like I said they are mostly pinks and few whites here and there.

Thank you CMK! They are the Camellia flowered kind.

• Annie
    12 years ago

Gladys,
    Thanks for the offer, but I will check out Dollar general. We have lots of those stores here too. They might still have some seeds. I've found that their seeds grow really well and the packets have gobs of seeds, don't they? And only a dollar! At the end of summer, they often put them on sale for ten cents. Maybe I can find them here.
    Thanks for the information.