This is today.

{{gwi:685622}}

hahahahahahahahaha!

Comments (30)

• fammsimm
    15 years ago

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Kathy,

Congratulations on your yard of the month and an even bigger congratulations to you and Diane for showing your HOA that beautifully maintained flower beds are a great asset to a neighborhood!

I bet your neighbors are drawing up plans to transform their front yards, too.

I'm proud of you, Kathy!

Marilyn

• granite
    15 years ago

Congrats! Update me on the brouhaha with your HOA....what was their beef? Your yard is gorgeous!

• DYH
    15 years ago

Success is the best revenge! LOL

CONGRATULATIONS! You rock!

Can you get your HOA to come talk to my HOA? Or, one of you come buy the house of the neighbor who complains about "too many flowers"...please?

Cameron

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    15 years ago

Wahahahahaha!

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Granite, We put roofing paper down to kill the grass. Before we got the mulch down we got a letter advising us that we had removed grass without permission. The ironic thing was they did not even notice the Arizona ash tree I had removed from where the very dark mulch is on the left side.
    I had to file a plot plan and any planned changes with them and they would let me know within 30 days. I just kept on doing what I planned. BTW the 30 days was up March 15, 2008.

{{gwi:677070}}

Hmmm, it did look pretty pathetic, didn't it.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    15 years ago

Not surprise at all, A beautiful garden indeed. CONGRATULATIONS Kathy.

Annette

• libbyshome
    15 years ago

HA HA HA! That's great, Kathy.

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks guys!
    The HOA nazis did not notice the boxwoods are also gone. The looked like a false front Hollywood sets for a couple months. I left the front of each plant, but cut every thing between the front and the wall. The day before brush pick up, I cut the front layers.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

She who laughs last, laughs best!!!!! Yea!!!

• lvtgrdn
    15 years ago

Your beds do look great, and deserving of yard of the month! I'm sorry for all you've had to go through to get to this point. Congratulations!

Sue

• keesha2006
    15 years ago

Did you want to say DUH! :)

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Keesha, yes, I really did. But you catch more flies with honey, yada, yada, yada. So I will email them and thank them.

• BecR
    15 years ago

Everything is beautiful, well designed, well cared for and healthy, Kathy---CONGRATULATIONS on yard of the month!!!!!

You and Diane both deserve to be very proud of your accomplishment, all of your hard work and perseverance has paid off--GREAT job!!!

I would love to know what type pink hibiscus that is in the first photo...it's gorgeous.

:) Becky

• gldno1
    15 years ago

Congratulations for your perseverance and the wonderful front garden!

Yes, it would be wonderful to jab them about their first reaction, but you are wise to stay quiet...you have to live with them.

It will be interesting to see if others follow suit.

• bloominganne
    15 years ago

Your garden is gorgeous! I know how upsetting a HOA can be. Years ago I lived in a neighborhood where they watched everything I did in my garden and it made me nuts. Never again. My DH wants to move to a neighborhood on a golf course that has a HOA and I am fighting it. It takes a lot of the creativity out of gardening to have so many rules and regulations.

You triumphed over adversity. At least they were "big" enough to acknowledge what you've accomplished.

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Way to go Kathy. You and Diane have done a fantastic transformation of your front yard. Your stick-to-it-ness paid off and you have a wonderful sign giving you blessings and acknowledgment from the HOA. They will like a thank you I'm sure. Bless your heart. Your garden is lovely, and will only grow lovelier with time.

FlowerLady

• armyyife
    15 years ago

Wow what a great job! So glad I don't live with an HOA but if I did I know it is possible to overcome them. ;O) You deserve it!
    Meghan

• todancewithwolves
    15 years ago

That's the best news I heard all year. You rock!!!!

Edna've

• schoolhouse_gw
    15 years ago

It blends with your house so well. Congrats.

• irene_dsc
    15 years ago

Congratulations! Great to know they weren't being congenitally stupid after all... ;)

• hosenemesis
    15 years ago

Beautiful yard!

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    15 years ago

Everything has filled in so nicely since the last time I saw pics! You showed them! Lovely.
    CMK

• mora
    15 years ago

What a great end to that battle! I love the flies/ honey theory, words to live by, well done Kathy, Martha

• natalie4b
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Hopefully your neighbors will get inspired by your pioneering brave move. My HOA sounds like kitten compared to your nazi-like.
    Way to go!

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yesterday I received a $50 check as the prize for yard of the month. Boy was that a surprise.

• girlgroupgirl
    15 years ago

Kathy, that is just fantastic. I'd take that 50 bucks and have that sign bronzed and keep it there!!! :)

WAY TO GO!

GGG

• lvtgrdn
    15 years ago

He, he, my thought was to buy plants with it. You still have some sod you could remove! Cool beans! Have fun with the cash!

Sue

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

GGG, unfortunately I can keep the sign for Sept. only. Then someone else gets it..... unless my asters are stunning and they can't resist them.

Today we dug up a lot of iris. There is some rot with some of them.:(

• fammsimm
    15 years ago

Congrats on the cash prize! You and Diane certainly are deserving.

I can't wait to see pictures of the asters in bloom.

Marilyn

• natalie4b
    15 years ago

It adds value to a neighborhood when there is a competition for a "yard of the month"award.
    Congratulations on winning a grand prise Natvtxn!
    ~Natalie

Sponsored