Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Morning Glories on the window

schoolhouse_gw
13 years ago

I was worried, but they grew and bloomed well. Even inside the house, as vines found their way up through the old window frame and into the pantry!

{{gwi:752411}}

Comments (11)

• luckygal
    13 years ago

Those are so pretty and healthy looking! Hey, you don't need vases if the flowers come in thru the window! LOL

I had no success with them years ago but should try them again.

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Those are beautiful morning glories!

• natal
    13 years ago

Cool pic! That is gorgeous trim on your window! Are all your windows like that?

• Annie
    13 years ago

I second what Natalie said.

The Heavenly Blue MG is perfect for your lovely old school house, Schoolhouse. :)

~Annie

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Are they as prolific self seeders as Grandpa Otts?

I am wary even though they are perfect for cottage gardens.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A little OT, but: My friend, who took a temp job at a nursery this season, just told me about this today. I never heard this before. She said the nursery she worked at sells seeds in bulk, is basically a mail order business, and they sold thousands and thousands of MG seeds this year. And they suspect not all to gardeners! I mean, who would plant 2,000 MG seeds in their flower bed? That's what individuals were ordering, one person ordered 12 bags of 2,000 seeds each.

So if my neighbors see me acting strangely in the back yard some morning, they may wonder just what I have been sowing!

Here is a link that might be useful: Trippin' on MG seed

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    13 years ago

How Pretty! I also love the frame around your window. I drove past a chain link fence today that was covered in these,,so beautiful! And what made it even better was it was in a run down neighborhood, but this homeowner really made their property look great with their garden. I think itll catch on and spread to the next house and brighten up the community.
    I must remember to plant them next year! I meant to but never got around to it.

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you. Oh,and about the windows - the three windows on the back of the house (one of which is shown in photo) are original and have the original trim. Of the three windows on the front of the house, one was removed by my Uncle in 1943 to create a front door, the other two were "cut out" and replaced with more modern windows. One of those windows was re-built to look like an original tall window by me when the ceiling in a room was raised to original height.

• natal
    13 years ago

Do you by any chance live in an old schoolhouse? Is that how you came by your moniker?

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, it used to be (and still is to me) the old Bantersville School.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    13 years ago

Very pretty architectural details on that window and I love the way you have artistically arranged the vine across it. Good work. :-)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH