Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nulty

July Blooms.

nulty
10 years ago

Due to circumstances beyond my control i am way behind in posting blooms,..here are some of July Blooms,..the video gives a little jump near the start so i may have to do it all over again should it get up my nose lol.

Video===July Blooms.

This post was edited by glengarry23 on Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 19:26

Comments (6)

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Wow,loved that trip thru your garden!! You have a lot of beauties there.What is that yellow blooming tree that looks like candy corn,and what is the name of that purple geranium,is it johnsons blue??
    Love the foxgloves,i have never had any luck with those,what is your secret to growing them??

You're in the U.K. right?? Or do I have you mixed up with someone else??
    Kathi

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Kathi,..you nearly have me pinpointed though a tad further than the U.K.,..i am in Ireland,..right in the middle of it,..where we call the midlands,..its fairly flat,..misty mornings and many rain showers though seldom snow,..2010 was the last snow worth mentioning.

Ah that yellow blooming tree catches everyone's eye,..i have two in the garden and they were from a cutting,..they are "Cytisus scoparius",'Scotch Broom',..and the Geranium is "Geranium Rozanne",'Cranesbill Geranium',..however i would not swear to that as it looks so similar to Johnsons Blue and a few others lol.

The Foxgloves thrive for me as i tend to just let them grow where ever they pop up,..they do grow taller and stronger when not moved,..i love how they produce cross colours.

Delighted you liked the garden trip,..though the video jumped a bit.

Philip

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

It only jumped a bit in the very beginning,the rest of it was great,well worth the jump!!!!

I think we may be able to grow that scotch broom here in S.Calif,will have to check that out!!! Seems I've heard some folks talk about it here,although I don't think I've ever seen it.
    Again,TFS
    Kathi

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Kathi,..that Scotch Broom will grow for you in California but make sure that the one you buy or get a cutting from is the one you like,..there are many species and various colours,..some just plain yellow,..very nice but not as impressive as the yellow and pure red.

• bellarosa
    10 years ago

Wow!! Your garden is stunning! Love that yellow tree. Great plant combinations. Thanks for sharing.

• nulty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Bellarosa,..delighted you enjoyed the blooms,..yes that Scotch Broom is impressive with all that yellow,..sorry about the fact the video gives a jump,..a glitch somewhere,..i now posted it in my YouTube Channel but its the same problem.

Philip

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz