Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
floweryearth

I've never posted pix, so I'm gonna try...

floweryearth
13 years ago

Some of my flowers this past spring:

Comments (14)

• lily51
    13 years ago

Congratulations on the pics. You've inspired me to try (again)
    Beautiful blooms! I always love pinks, whites, soft colors. Thanks for sharing.

• floweryearth
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks lily! If you mean you are going to try posting, I can tell you how. I never thought I'd be doing it. There were several nice GW members (carol23, scully931, and solstice98) who took the time to email me how. They did this a while ago, and just today I decided to try it. Really wasn't hard. :)

• fnboyd
    13 years ago

Lovely pictures. What rose is that? It looks like a David Austin. I am just getting into growing DA roses and seeing someone with great results in my area gives me hope that DA roses will do well in Alabama. I currently grow floribundas and Hybrid Teas.

Glad you can now post pictures. Keep them coming.

Faye

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    13 years ago

Congrats on the first picture posting!
    So cottage-y too! Your roses and peonies are divine. Are those carnations or "pinks"? Yours look so healthy. I can never keep mine looking nice for very long. But I keep buying more because I love them so much! Perfect pairing with roses (nice scent combo too).
    Thanks for showing- make sure to post more soon! ;-)
    CMK

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

Those are just beautiful. I love the soft pinks, and these are really lovely. I'm so glad you posted.
    kay

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Awesome!! I love the pink shades!

Nancy.

• floweryearth
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow thank you all so much!

Faye, The rose is 'Queen of Denmark', or 'Konigin von Danemark'.

CMK, they are cottage pinks. The deep pink is 'Rose de Mai', and the pale/whitish one is 'Inchmery'.

Yes, pink is one of my favorite color in the garden. I may be a guy, but to me it is the essential cottage garden color. :)

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

wow, super frothy! I love them!

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    13 years ago

Beautiful spring photos!! Now you need to show us your summer beauties!!

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Those are just Gorgeous,TFS
    Kathi

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Beautiful roses and peonies! I love the Queen of Denmark...I've thought about trying that one and now I might :)

What type of peony is that? It's just lovely!

• floweryearth
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LL, Thank you! I love Queen of Denmark. Try her and you will not be disappointed. Disease proof, drought resistant, heat tolerant, heavy blooming for a long period, good vigor, and more. I must warn of the thorns, though. However, the fragrance that you should be able to smell across your yard will make up for them.

Anyways, the peonies are just your typical Sarah Bernhardts. I planted them the first spring I moved in, and even with barely any water or fertilizer (and being moved once in the early spring), Those two plants have reliably bloomed lavishly.

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

All very pretty, but the peonies are to die for. I have never seen one, except in pictures.

It is too hot here.

Kathy

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Very pretty, I want to plant more cottage pinks next year.

Sponsored