One of my favorite lilies,notice the heart in the center

lily

one of my favorite hibiscus

Enjoy the view!!

Kathi

Comments (10)

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Those hibiscuses are breathtaking. Thanks for such beauty at a barren time of year here.
    Renee

• jakkom
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I envy you SouthernCA gardeners for being able to grow the "Autumn Joy" sedum; it did nothing but rot in my garden. I think we're too often foggy and cold for it.

Love it all, but especially the colors of your daylilies. I don't have many, and yours are gorgeous.

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks ladies,the gardens aren't as nice this year as in the past,as it's been soooooooooooooooo hot and humid here,except for these past 2 days and we feel like we're in HE**.it's 97 here along the coast,and while the humidity has gone for now,it was followed by the santa ana winds.
    You walk outside and it's like walking into a furnace,MISERABLE,I tell ya.

jk,i have lots of lilies,all different colors,later i'l look thru my PB album and post some more pics of them.
    Kathi

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Kathi, TFS, just beautiful. I'd love to be able to stroll around your garden in person I'd be doing a lot of owing and awing . Can you tell me the variety names of your sedums especially that really bright one, I have a few but none of them are as nice as yours. Are your Brugmansias fragrant, I have some that are and some that don't.

Annette

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

So Lovely!!! Love the brugs! And those are some very delightful daylilies!!!

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Calamity, i think the name of that one is Neon,just don't quote me on it,because i could be wrong~~~~~~~~~~wouldn't be the first time.LOL,LOL
    Kathi

• nulty
    11 years ago

Hi Kathi,..you have some beautiful blooms there,..i can see just why you like those Hibiscus they really are stunning,..so are those Lilies,..first time i have seen them,..that Bleeding Heart is a winner,..lovely contrast in colours.

Philip

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Philip,that bleeding heart has really taken off since that picture was taken.Yes we have many different kinds/colors of hibiscus,and i love them all.Just wish the blooms lasted longer.Also have a lot of different color lilies.I'll have to get some more pctures together for you and jk.

I'm glad you enjoyed the view.
    Kathi

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Do you know the names of the different sedum? One I recognize as Autumn Joy. I didn't realize that California had also been affected by the terrible heat. I thought most of the summer the West Coast was normal.

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mantis,the sedums are autumn joy,and the bright pink one is Neon,the other i don't remember.

S.Calif this year has had a very hot summer this year,days of high temp and high humidity.Miserable i tell ya.

I was just going to post some more pictures of some more of my sedums and crassulas etc,but that stupid photobucket won't co-operate with me!! GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    kathi

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm