Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures of what's blooming at my house

Posted by kathi_mdgd 9 S.Ca (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 20:34

brug

brug-1 plant 2 different colors so far, The mother plant had yellow flowers-go figure

plate size hibiscus
plate size hibiscus

sedum

sedum

another sedum

sedum

sedum

Begonia

bird of paradise

bird of paradise

brug

Brug

mandaville-alice dupont

mandaville

bleeding heart

Photobucket

bougainvilla

bougainvilla

One of my favorite lilies,notice the heart in the center

Photobucket

lily

lilies,hawaiian snowbush

one of my favorite hibiscus

hibiscus

Enjoy the view!!
Kathi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures of what's blooming at my house

Those hibiscuses are breathtaking. Thanks for such beauty at a barren time of year here.
Renee

o

• Posted by jkom51 Z9 CA/Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 14:48

Beautiful! I envy you SouthernCA gardeners for being able to grow the "Autumn Joy" sedum; it did nothing but rot in my garden. I think we're too often foggy and cold for it.

Love it all, but especially the colors of your daylilies. I don't have many, and yours are gorgeous.

o

Thanks ladies,the gardens aren't as nice this year as in the past,as it's been soooooooooooooooo hot and humid here,except for these past 2 days and we feel like we're in HE**.it's 97 here along the coast,and while the humidity has gone for now,it was followed by the santa ana winds.
You walk outside and it's like walking into a furnace,MISERABLE,I tell ya.

jk,i have lots of lilies,all different colors,later i'l look thru my PB album and post some more pics of them.
Kathi

o

Kathi, TFS, just beautiful. I'd love to be able to stroll around your garden in person I'd be doing a lot of owing and awing . Can you tell me the variety names of your sedums especially that really bright one, I have a few but none of them are as nice as yours. Are your Brugmansias fragrant, I have some that are and some that don't.

Annette

o

So Lovely!!! Love the brugs! And those are some very delightful daylilies!!!

o

Calamity, i think the name of that one is Neon,just don't quote me on it,because i could be wrong~~~~~~~~~~wouldn't be the first time.LOL,LOL
Kathi

o

Hi Kathi,..you have some beautiful blooms there,..i can see just why you like those Hibiscus they really are stunning,..so are those Lilies,..first time i have seen them,..that Bleeding Heart is a winner,..lovely contrast in colours.

Philip

o

Thanks Philip,that bleeding heart has really taken off since that picture was taken.Yes we have many different kinds/colors of hibiscus,and i love them all.Just wish the blooms lasted longer.Also have a lot of different color lilies.I'll have to get some more pctures together for you and jk.

I'm glad you enjoyed the view.
Kathi

o

Do you know the names of the different sedum? One I recognize as Autumn Joy. I didn't realize that California had also been affected by the terrible heat. I thought most of the summer the West Coast was normal.

o

Mantis,the sedums are autumn joy,and the bright pink one is Neon,the other i don't remember.

S.Calif this year has had a very hot summer this year,days of high temp and high humidity.Miserable i tell ya.

I was just going to post some more pictures of some more of my sedums and crassulas etc,but that stupid photobucket won't co-operate with me!! GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here