Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anemones and Roses

Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 30, 11 at 22:54

This is what the stone wall garden looks like this month. Pink and white japanese anemones, and a few roses blooming.

Here's a closeup of the japanese anemone "Margarete".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anemones and Roses

Oh, so unbelievably beautiful!
I love Anemones.

What a gorgeous view.

o

Lovely blossoms. My young Margarete's in their pots are not as fully double, hope they fill out more once they are planted and blooming next year.

o

Very airy garden effect with the floating anemones.

o

lovely - I am jealous of how green everything still looks. It is definitely fall in my part of the world.

o

What a fabulous combination! You just gave a great idea - to move some of my anemones to a rose garden, and let them "mix and mingle". Thanks!
~Natalie

o

So pretty and old fashioned looking, anemones and roses. Anemones are my favorite, and like Natalie you've given me an idea as to where to plant one of my new purchases of Whirlwind Anemone - beside the rose in the orchard. I walked around with it all afternoon trying to find the perfect spot.

o

Beautiful,i love anemones,must make a mental reminder to try them again.
Kathi

o

Lovely combination! I haven't had any anemones for years, should plant some again, thanks for the reminder of how pretty they are.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here