Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2013 Daylily seedling blooms

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 10:15

Just noticed I never did one this year.. had many nice ones. There are some 4th and 5th generation seedlings now, that Im just not going to list parentage.. if its reasonable I will.

Cancun Honeymoon X Shores of Time

photo pholycrhome_zps598c8ffe.jpg

Out of my large lines, a 9 inch yellow, with some white highlights.

photo bigyellow_zpsbf744161.jpg

A 7.5 watermarked pink, consistent and dormant, does well here.

photo bigpink1_zps9a2fc20b.jpg

My best purple eye/edged daylily seedling, 6.5 flat and always opens well.

photo purple123_zps9af4f085.jpg

My most modern advanced multi generational seedling I have, coming out of 3-4 different pink lines (orgins come out of things like leslie renee and pink aloha, mixed in with other things) Its pretty vigorous for being a semi evergreen here, I had a scape set a proliferation this year as well as its pollen was well used.

photo bestoneyet1_zps08531d4c.jpg

Double edged , eyed,

photo tripleedge1_zps374650ec.jpg

Many of my purples,

photo purpleeye1_zps1b67fe59.jpg

photo prupleeye2_zpsbaad02bb.jpg

photo purpleedge1_zpsa95074fd.jpg

photo bigeye1_zps546dd388.jpg

photo strippedseeding1_zps510557a6.jpg

photo resixe2_zps942cfef7.jpg

My most vigorous dormant seedling, within a year it was at 3-4 fans at its 4th year or so, its thrown up 16 scapes and dozens of fans, makes a pop of colour for 2 months or so.

photo resizeone_zpsceb77788.jpg

My personal favorite new seedling, out of my large lines, with movement, and suberb color . Its fantastic.

photo uf1_zps8f7bdc38.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2013 Daylily seedling blooms

Beautiful,i love lilies and we also have quite a few.TFS
Kathi

o

Beautiful. It must be a lot of fun to hybridize them. I've finally come to the realization I can't have every flower and can't try every garden technique. LOL

o

Those are some real beauties! Do you mix the daylilies in borders or do you have room for fields of them on their own?

o

Beautiful Daylilies most i have never seen before,..i only have one Daylilly,.."Little Grapette",..very similar to your last picture,..they do produce stunning blooms.

Philip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here