Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting my Fall on!

Posted by ghoghunter Zone6b SE PA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 11:36

I've been busy weeding and planting my Fall garden and decorating for the Fall Holidays. My Pineapple sage is in full bloom now but alas my hummers are all gone already!
Joann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting my Fall on!

Your Zinnias look good too. Love your display!

Nancy.

o

Thanks midnightsmum!

o

I've seen the pumpkin and gourd pyramids in magazines so thought I'd give it a try this year. Found a basket and filled it with mini pumpkins, gourds, and mini Indian corn, to hang on the gate beyond it.

photo 100_49622.jpg

photo 100_49642.jpg

o

Schoolhouse..those look wonderful! I love Fall and all the fancy pumpkins and gourds etc!!! How do you keep your pyramid from toppling over? Do you put skewers or something between the squash?
Joann

o

No skewers. I chose pumpkins and squash that were more flat so that they stacked on top of one another more easily and also removed the stems. So far so good, and we've had three really hard rains. I thought I needed a white one but where I bought the others there were no paler colors. Now I think it looks just fine with the reds and yellow/orange shades. It actually looks better in person.

I also used pampas grass fronds and sprigs of red crabapples.

o

this is how I get my fall on.
splitting and stacking cords of wood. Not quite as pretty as a garden to some, but I love the look of stacked wood. lol so does my kitty spaz
 photo 1380976375.jpg

:) Laura

o

That is a cool picture Laura!! Bet all that wood keeps you nice and toasty!
Joann

o

Laura, what a gorgeous picture. It belongs in a magazine.

o

thanks girls :) it was a very lucky shot. the flash made her eyes look so spooky.
:) Laura
DH put up a ramp for her. She just loves "her" wood pile.
 photo 1381681218.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here