Grand Duke of Tuscany Jasmine -

Butterfly weed -

Mums-

Gomphrena -

Here is a link that might be useful: Rest of the pictures can be seen here

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures from my 1st year of gardening

Great job, lots of beautiful flowers and delicous veggies. Your photos are wonderful, especially like the raindrop ones and the butterfly series.

o

I would say you are a fast learner! Those dahlias, every time I see them in someone's garden I vow to plant them.

o

Wow, hard to believe this is your first year, your flowers look great!

o

very very nice - what a great first year for you - absolutely love the moonflower vine - I have to have that every year and the closer to the house the better - love the fragrance TFS .....

Lynne

o

We have the same taste. Your garden is much neater, very nice.

o

You all are very kind :)
Thanks for the compliments..
roper - I chuckled as I read your comment.. you should see my garden now - its more a jungle..

o

Pat yourself on the back.

Don't you enjoy looking at every plant everyday?

And aren't you already planning for next year?

o

Your first year of gardening? You sure have a green thumb. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. You were wise to choose flowers that are easy to grow. Now you have learned to collect seeds from these, haven't you? Some will reseed for you, but try some new ones next year. Looking forward to seeing next year's pics. Do you know about wintersowing? It's fun and you'll get a lot of satisfaction knowing you grew them yourself from seeds. If you are not familiar with wintersowing..try Trudi's website..www.wintersown.org(I think that is the correct website. She has a great website and is very helpful and responds to emails.

o

Yum.
Beautiful moonflowers. I have a hard time growing them.
Renee

o

soxxxx - yes, I do enjoy looking at them and I've already got lots of seeds to try next year.

pippi - thanks for the link. I am going to try winter sowing this winter. I think the columbine McKana seeds will do well with the ws. I saw it in the database for zone 7 as well!
Renee- I sowed the moonflower seeds quite late - I think it was late May . And had flowers at the end of August. However, I dont detect any fragrance. They ARE beautiful though. But I like fragrant flowers. SO I am not sure I will grow them in the front yard again.. Maybe along the veggie garden fence in the backyard (where I had the cardinal flowers growing this year).

o

lovely! I love cypress vine and moon vine and your cosmos are wonderful. That's an awesome jasmine, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here