Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to roses ... is this blackspot?

Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 13:13

Getting ready to plant my Climbing Pinkies tomorrow. I noticed these spots on one of the plants the day they arrived. I took pics and emailed Antique Rose Emporium asking what they were, but two days later I still haven't received a reply. Hoping one of you can tell me what they are. Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to roses ... is this blackspot?

Natal, it sure looks like blackspot to me. pick off all the affected leaves and put them in the garbage, spray the plants with a fungicide before planting.

Annette

o

Yes, but not enough to worry about. This is a disease-resistant rose, but that does not mean disease-free. When I grew Cl. Pinkie, she got some blackspot the first year or so, but after she was well established, she was clean.

You can pick off the affected leaves, but I don't think a little blackspot warrants spraying a fungicide.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 17:41

Spazzycat, you're exactly right! I called ARE and spoke to one of the growers. He told me the same thing.

Annette, I did pick off the leaves, but won't be spraying.

Thanks for the quick responses!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here