plantmaven

Confederate rose day 14

plantmaven
10 years ago

By next week it should be prettier.

Comments (18)

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

Oh, that's gorgeous! And such a nice late bloomer.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It starts out pale pink as seen above. This is what it looks like in the late afternoon. Dark rose pink

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is a close up.

• cenepk10
    10 years ago

My FAVORITE !!!!! I have two- one is lovely- deer ate the first flush of blooms off of 1. I understand totally your desire to share your gorgeous pics ! Totally makes my heart jump to see these in bloom !

• cenepk10
    10 years ago

Another pic

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, you have the white to pink. I really like that one. That is the most dramatic. I had one, but it died.
    Thanks for posting.

• cenepk10
    10 years ago

Magnificent ! And it just keeps on blooming !!!!!

• cenepk10
    10 years ago

Newer bloom. It almost looks like crepe paper.

• nulty
    10 years ago

Its stunning,..i never seen one before,..what big leaves it has,..and i agree it looks like crepe paper,..beautiful.

Philip

• cenepk10
    10 years ago

Thanks, Phillip ! Been trying to watch your YouTube vid- buffering problems. I just want you to take me away to your garden !!!!! You won't mind me a bit ! I'll hide out in the roses !!!!!

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This was taken on the 18th.

• sewnmom7
    10 years ago

I had one for tree years, till my neighbor decided to sprat his pecan tree.. I have just started over this year and have 6 blooms .. how they open before our first freeze. .yours is sure looking good. don't they just amaze ya...molly

• nulty
    10 years ago

The more i look at plantmaven and Cenepk's Confederate Rose the more impressed i am,..now i will be on the search for one,..or two.

Cenepk i hate it when buffering is slow,..its the main reason i change internet providers over here however they are getting better,..oh you could hide in my garden lol,..its a constant game here with my cats,..all seven of them,..thankfully they never do any damage.

Philip

• sewnmom7
    10 years ago

Plantmaven, how old is your tree/ bush... its so good to see one again....yours is awesome...molly

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Molly, it is 4 or 5 years old. I got it from Rose Lee at a swap.

Glengarry:
    the botanical name is hibiscus mutabilis. It is of the mallow and cotton family.
    I wish I could send you some cuttings, but that is probably illegal.

• sewnmom7
    10 years ago

plantmaven, I need your address-- email and address... molly

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Molly, you've got mail!

• nulty
    10 years ago

Hi Plantmaven,..thanks for the botanical name,..i might manage to find it over here.

Philip

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA