Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow on the Roses

Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 29, 11 at 18:35

I had every intention of contributing to the fall foliage thread, but ma nature had other ideas, LOL. We woke up to a snow storm before we even had our first frost!

Some roses, including this Harlow Carr, were in full bloom when the snow hit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow on the Roses

Oh, my goodness! Here in Texas, we're in the 60's (and whining, of course; but we're always whining about something, LOL), but isn't this AWFULLY early for you? I've got blooms but not blossoms yet due to our "cold" weather...supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow and next week, maybe blooms then.

o

It is beautiful in a way.

o

• Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 29, 11 at 21:01

Our weather was in the 50s and 60s until today. We only turned on the heat yesterday when the cats were acting chilly, LOL.

This is quite abnormally early to have any snow in our area, let alone a big ol' snowstorm that dumped 9 inches on us. Usually we have some frosty nights starting in mid Oct, then a dusting of snow by Thankgiving, and no real snow until Christmas.

I wonder what's going to happen when winter officially gets here, LOL.

It is quite pretty, actually. I love snow and the way it transforms the familiar landscape into something new and magical.

o

It is magical, isn't it, as if you have a whole new world in your yard... we do get a little snow here in TX and do enjoy it since it is usually gone by afternoon! Growing up in Montana we would have months and months of cold weather, absolutely beautiful, but... so feel for y'all up north; I really do like living in the South, although we surely don't have anywhere near the beauty you enjoy. Guess we just learn to enjoy what each area has to offer, we're all lucky!!

o

As Soxxxx said, beautiful in a way, but it's gonna make trick or treating less than a fun time.

o

That would make a beautiful card.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here