Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nulty

Misty Morning.

nulty
9 years ago

I had to wait until 1100 to walk the dog due to a heavy mist,..it would soak you in seconds,..this is how it looked when i started.

Comments (29)

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The Rowers were out of course.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Town Bridge.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The Railway Bridge.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Water Hen.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beyond the Railway Bridge,..its a long walk.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The Red Boat in the middle is one i first boarded in 1959.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The walk is a Nature Walk but less than 5 Miles but i do it twice a day,..weather permitting.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thankfully the mist went away and the sun came out.

• oldfixer
    9 years ago

The blue sky looks more appealing.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Peace and quiet.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A big smile!.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi OldFixer,

It certainly makes the walk more enjoyable,..those mists are gloomy and wet.

Philip

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The Weir.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    9 years ago

Wow ! The first pics are eerily beautiful . What a great tour of your area! A five mile walk twice a day is a great workout ! And your dog is adorable . Spaniel of some sort ? I have a cavalier King Charles , same kind of smile ! ;) they kind of look like brothers .

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    9 years ago

Gorgeous photos. That walk looks wonderful. Do you bump into many people taking advantage of it? Or do you have some solitude while you're walking along?

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi lilyfinch,

Beautiful picture of your dog,..they are related lol,..Molly is a Tri Coloured Springer Spaniel,..they both have the Black Brown and White colours though Molly has webbed feet and heads for water no matter what the season and hates me trying to keep her dry,..or muddy,..oh the 5 mile walk is all on fairly flat land so easy to complete.

Philip

==============================================

Hi thyme2dig,

Its a fantastic walk and i do meet the odd tourist and jogger but mostly i can complete the walk and day dream,..lots of bird life to see and the odd Fox,..nothing bigger.

Philip.

=============================================

This picture is alongside the river,..just before sight of the lake.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Looking towards the lake.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

There are days i like to head up the lake in the boat,..calm days can be spectacular as the sky reflects on the water.

Video==Very Calm Day

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One of those reflections.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    9 years ago

Beauiful in sun and in fog!

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks nhbabs,

Just heading off to bed and its 0210 in the morning,..i keep late hours lol.

Philip

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    9 years ago

What a beautiful place to walk! And your dog does look happy and like she's smiling. Great place to get your exercise and to daydream a bit. I also like watching for birds and other wildlife when I'm out and about.

Thanks for sharing such great photos so I feel like I got to take that walk, too, but from the comfort of sitting at my laptop. :-)

• 1212dusti
    9 years ago

Those lake photos are beautiful, especially the reflections one. Molly looks as though she loves to pose for the camera. What a lovely place to walk!
    I'm curious, do you have mosquitoes there? Over the week-end, I went to a wedding near a lake and everyone was getting bitten. Since Phoenix has no mosquitos we concluded they must have come from the lake.

• sewnmom7
    9 years ago

What beautiful photos. I think you must so enjoy your walks, so much water,WOW! .have you any new flral photos, you have such beautiful flowers ,or any of some garden.. till later, molly [ from Texas]

• SamBigDeer
    9 years ago

Hi, Philip,
    I finally signed in to this forum.. Love the pics of the water and walking trails.. And Molly as always..
    Sam

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Sam,

Responding to your post first as i was surprised to see you here,..welcome Sam!,..it must have being the water and walking trail that drew you in lol,..i know you always like the outdoors and Molly.

Philip
    ===============================================

Hi sandyslopes,

Glad you enjoyed the walk,..even from the comfort of your Laptop lol.

===============================================

Hi Dusti,

We have "Midge" here,..they are similar in shape to the Mosquito but very small,.. in fact minute,..they do come around in evenings and in swarms near lakes and rivers and they do bite however they are not blood suckers like the Mosquito as they don't have that elongated mouth to pierce the skin.

Philip
    =============================================

Hi Molly,

My second surprise tonight!,..i wondered where you were as i didn't hear from you since your visit to Scotland,..i am reminded daily of you as your Hyacinth Bean Vine Seed has sprouted and started growing across my back door,..i must sow the seed earlier next season.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Since early Summer i have had Dahlia,'Golden Scepter',..in bloom,..a nice enough bloom but fragile,..in the past few days a new Dahlia has started blooming its Dahlia,'Garden Wonder',..a very strong bloom and quite big.

Dahlia,'Golden Scepter',..captured yesterday.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dahlia,'Garden Wonder',..pictured today.

• nulty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Gladiolus,..captured today,..this is the first one to appear this year and very late as well,..hopefully some others will produce blooms.

Sponsored