Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22262128

Autumn Roses 2014.

User
9 years ago

Today is the last day of Autumn here and while we are having lots of rain it is still mild,..our mildest Autumn in 30 years.

Video===Autumn Roses 2014.

Comments (17)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laurie's Golden Orange.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Korresia,'David Austin'.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Unknown Rose.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mahonia japonica in full bloom today.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Clematis,'Freckles',now in full bloom.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lavatera,'Barnsley Baby',..producing nice blooms for the first day of Winter.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

For some reason only the white Gladioli are blooming.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dahlia,'Garden Wonder',..showing promise this late.

• 1212dusti
    9 years ago

Phillip, those roses are beautiful! The Clematis is a lovely variety as well. Hard to believe it's the first day of November where you are, and your garden is full of blooms. I always thought Ireland was cold in winter.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    9 years ago

Oh how lovely !! The cleamits is my favorite . I love the late season roses you have too ! The unknown one is very pretty !
    I had a few roses to cut too . I put them in my white bird bud vase to enjoy them . Felt sad to know that's probably it for the season ! But spring will be here soon enough .
    Lovely photos and we can't get enough . You are so kind to share so much of your garden with us !

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Dusti,

A few members have that Clematis,..its a little winner in that it really comes into full bloom this time of year and will continue blooming throughout Winter,..ah yes the roses,..its great to have them in bloom just now as most everything else is starting to take a nap until Spring.

People here do complain of the cold in Winter even though it may not be as bad as Scotland or Northern Ireland and nothing like Winter snow and temperatures in some USA States... the last time we had snow here in the Midlands was back in 2010,..everything came to a stop,..transport and water and worst was electricity,..my roses froze solid,..the pictures below were taken between 30th Nov and 5th Dec 2010.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

30th Nov 2010.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

5th Dec 2010.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

5th Dec 2010.

This one was frozen solid i suppose because it was small,..it looks like a flower you would see on a cake.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi lilyfinch,

Yes its always a sad time for gardeners,..most plants are fading away until next Spring and we miss the joy of seeing them though if one looks around there are some nice Winter blooms to keep us going,..now and then i cut some of the highly scented roses for the house,..when i am expecting visitors of course,..just to get a few good praises lol.

Laurie's Golden Orange rose bush how it looks today.

• 1212dusti
    9 years ago

Those snow covered roses are pretty. It looks more like I expected Ireland in winter to look, lol. Didn't realize everything shut down. It's like Phoenix during a heavy rainstorm, people aren't used to driving in the rain, so they speed up, have accidents, and traffic is delayed more than usual.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Dusti,

Its rained here every day since the 30th of October and so over two weeks of rain plus its dark each morning at eight and gets dark again at about four in the evening,..soooo i headed off every day by train to the City of Dublin window shopping and eating out lol,.. returning each night,..luckily i have free travel.

Yes when it snows here its shutdown time,..we don't have snow plows as they would be in storage for a long time between heavy snows,..as i mentioned its four years since we had snow in the Midlands,..i can imagine Phoenix when it rains lol,..its almost alien.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting