Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

The Shed Finally Came

organic_kitten
13 years ago

They brought the shed and set it up just before the rains came this morning. I took this photo from the side of the greenhouse.

{{gwi:764258}}

Close up:

{{gwi:764260}}

I am going to have a ball with this, but not until after Thanksgiving.

kay

Comments (16)

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    13 years ago

Have fun! A couple of questions... What color will you paint it? Is that its final location? What will you plant around it?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Woodyoak,

Yes, it will stay on this site. I will wait for it to silver a little bit (early Spring) and I will be painting it mossy green. I'm not sure about the trim yet.

There will be an extension of the stepping stone pathway to the shed, and I will plant roses on the high side (preferable with very sturdy thorns since that is the side with a window. The new rose garden is toward the greenhouse and to the left of the front of the shed, so that will just be an extension of it. I will probably plant roses along the back too. I have clematis, peonies, foxgloves and lavender along and in with the roses, and I will sow alyssum in spring after danger of frost is past.

Along the shady side, I may plant azaleas and hostas.

I am currently planning shelves, pegboard, and a planting table. As always, I am having a delightful time.
    kay

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

That's a nice look shed, looks well-built.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

that should be "it's a nice LOOKING shed".....

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

I love the doors! Mossy green will look great in the garden, especially as a backdrop to all your beautiful roses.

My mom put her shed behind the veggie garden, painted it barn red with white trim and it is adorable...especially when the sunflowers start blooming :)

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    13 years ago

I love the doors too! Very pretty shed. Pls post a picture from the inside once you have it all set up!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all for the comments. Lets see, all of you rose growers, I am thinking about planting Mrs R B Cant on the side. Does she have thorns?

Lavender-lass, I think the shed is a great excuse to plant some more roses. I use that mossy green color all over the garden for birdhouse posts, pillars, etc...

Schoolhouse, the shed seems to be built very solidy...the base supports are doubled 3X6 posts.

Thyme2dig, I will be happy to post inside pics when I get it set up. I am like a kid at Christmas with this shed.

kay

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

Great shed! Have fun.
    I wish mine had windows. It is like and oven in there in the summer. So it is used for storage, lawnmower etc.
    Maybe I can talk one of my sons to put in a couple windows.

Kathy

• valree3
    13 years ago

What a wonderful shed you have!!! I have an old 2 seat outhouse that I use for storage (solid floor-no holes). After all of the suggestions for your shed I'm excited about redoing my outhouse this spring. Great ideas with shelves and pegboards! I've been thinking about painting it purple or turquoise because the winters are so long here and a splash of color would be great to look at. Not sure how the colors will look with flowers? Again congrats to your new shed!!! Valree

• ghoghunter
    13 years ago

What a great looking shed! I'm so glad you posted the pictures..It will look lovely with all those roses too. Good luck and have fun with it. I can't wait to see the inside this Spring!
    Joann

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

That's just lovely! Your rose has thorns. Is that a big problem for you? I think it also becomes a very large rose.
    My thornless is Vietchenblau which only blooms in spring and a mystery pink which grows like a weed, has thick, glossy leaves and pumps out the blooms!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

girlgroup,
    Thank you so much for the info. No, I was hoping it had thorns since it is on the side with the windows. The kids gave me some very nice gauntlet gloves for my b'day, and that means New Dawn will be a little easier to deal with now. If it is a floriferous beauty with frangrance, thorns won't put me off.
    kay

• lily51
    13 years ago

You will have so much fun with this shed! It's very charming...and great setting. Thanks for the peek of your garden, also, with the path, the mixture of materials . It all say "happiness" to me.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    13 years ago

How lovely this shed will be with its own garden around it! I cant wait either to see it painted. i wish we had a charming one, but ours is a rubbermaid storage contraption. oh well! lol

• gldno1
    13 years ago

What a great looking garden shed. I love the doors. I would probably just let it age silver and then use a sealer to protect it. I love the look of weathered wood.

Whatever you do, it will be a great addition to your gardening.

Glad you got it.

glenda

• todancewithwolves
    13 years ago

Oooo, fun!

Sponsored