Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Revisiting my Peter Rabbit garden idea

lavender_lass
10 years ago

So, I've finally got all the plants on the porch into the garden beds...but my kitchen garden is a mess! Two years with husband getting sick, year long illness, and recovery have taken a toll on my garden. I'm so glad he's finally getting better, but I have a lot of work to do! :)

So, my mom has helped me keep the front gardens looking good, but the fairy garden is going to need some major work this spring...too many weeds. The roses are still there, but we'll be able to see them a lot more (hopefully) this year.

The kitchen garden is an overgrown mess...but still slightly charming, in its own way. I still like the overall layout of the half that 's finished (or was) but still working on the part closer to the road. So, I'm revisiting my idea for a Peter Rabbit garden.

We have a lot of new nieces and nephews and they're getting to the age that they want to play in the garden. They love visiting the fairy garden (looking for fairies) and seeing all the roses and herbs. I'm hoping a Peter Rabbit garden will get them equally excited about veggies! LOL

So, here's a picture from Nickelodeon, of Mr. McGregor's garden...or their interpretation of it. I'd like to use some of the beds and add a few bunny birdbaths (they have the cutest ones at Lowe's) and incorporate the arbor for seating. I'll never keep the deer out completely, but I plan to add a 3' fence to slow them down a bit. At least they won't be able to eat through the garden, but will have to stop and go over the fence. I'm hoping this will be a great help to my raspberries and blackberries. Right now, I've left them in the overgrown weeds, so the deer haven't bothered them...yet.

Any thoughts? I always appreciate and enjoy your advice and great ideas! {{gwi:764921}}From Lavender's Garden

And my arbor, that turned out to be too big to move, but should look good in the space. {{gwi:764922}}From Lavender's Garden

The fence would be between the arbor and the horses! LOL

Comments (2)

Sponsored