Annual poppies

Persicaria,Achillea Terra Cotta, Gloriosa daisy

Same as above but with achillea filipendula

Aster Harrington's Pink, Perovskia, Salvia Azurea

Clematis and Morning Glory

Comments (17)

• auntyara
    12 years ago

so pretty and sweet. You have a good eye for photography.
    Where are you in NY? I live in Orange county, near where NY, NJ, and PA meet.
    :) Laura

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Wow!! Absolutely lovely!!! I really like the roses spilling out near the birdbath as well as the poppies!

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

ALways love your photos. Those roses are breathtakingly beautiful. And those poppies! I usually don't bother with annuals, but I just might have to get some of those poppies, they would be worth it. The hot colors of your gloriosa daisies and yarrow just scream SUMMER. All are superb!

• reginaz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Laura, I also live in Orange county. If you click on "My Page" and then click "Send me an email" you can contact me directly. I will tell you where I live in the email. I would love to have you visit my garden. Regina

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Really like the morning glory/clematis photo!

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Your roses are lovely and the other combinations of flowers are so pretty! The morning glory/clematis picture is making me wish I could grow morning glories! Is that autumn clematis?

• scully931
    12 years ago

Wow... I love everything! Those roses are how I always *think* mine are going to grow. I don't know if I've ever seen annual poppies at the nursery. Are they common? I mean... I got to three or four different nurserieis and can't ever remember seeing them! Or are they a seed thing?

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

Yes, Scully, the annual poppies are grown almost exclusively from seed. They don't tolerate transplanting at all well, but will reseed themselves vigorously. In fact, some people find them annoyingly difficult to get rid of. They are very popular and a beautiful spring bloom.

Martha

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Sets a person to dreaming about next year already. Very nice.

• auntyara
    12 years ago

Regina, sent you an email. check your spam . It always goes to spam from the gardenweb for some reason.
    :) Laura

• pat_tea
    12 years ago

How beautiful, I really like the combo of clematis and morning glory. . and your roses are picture perfect.

• reginaz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lavender Lass, yes that is sweet autumn clematis. The morning glory is not hardy in this area but I plant seeds every spring and sometimes they even re-seed.
    Scully, Martha is right. They are an annual which I start from seed. They do re-seed but after a few years, I clean out the area and start again with new seeds because it seems like only the red ones keep coming back.
    Brenda, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your garden this spring.
    Thanks to all. Regina

• Annie
    12 years ago

I am dazed and amazed Regina!
    What are the roses growing on the fence in back? Lovely combination. Everything is just heavenly.
    A beautiful respite from the World! Very inspirational.

schoolhouse, I love your comment:
    "Sets a person to dreaming about next year already..."

And, doesn't it though? :)
    ~Annie

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Oh. My. Goodness. Absolutely superb! There is just a certain something about your garden Regina- never fails to inspire me. That persicaria is a beauty! Do you know what variety of poppy that is? Love the coloration on it. I had some double shirley poppy from a mix and unfortunantly, the re-seeded second year ones were not as nice and double as the first.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden and flowers with us!
    CMK

• reginaz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Annie, the roses on the fence are an old rambler named Mrs. F.W. Flight(1906 Cutbush).

CMK, They are Shirley Poppies and it is true, the first year the colors seem to be the best, that's why I plants seeds every year.

Thanks again.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    12 years ago

I look forward to seeing pictures of your garden every year. They never cease to amaze me, your roses are gorgeous and those poppies..... can't find the words. Thanks for sharing your lovely garden with us, it's the highlight of the evening for me.

Annette

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

I am so totally jealous, this is gorgeous!! I've never been able to attain this sort of beauty in Texas, and never will. The only thing I can say is it was in the 80's today, roses are blooming, but this won't last long. Loved your pictures.

I have to laugh, went to work for Occidental Chemical in Dallas with a bunch of people that had moved from Buffalo, was totally intimidated by their "blunt" language and ways, then after knowing them for a while, you couldn't ask for neater people!

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz