Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
September Blooms.

Posted by glengarry23 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 29, 13 at 17:45

Some of the blooms in my garden during September 2013.

Video===September Blooms

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: September Blooms.

A real treat to look at on this freezing cold Christmas Eve morning, Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the best in the New Year.

Annette

o

Hi Annette,..its heavy rain and floods here with storm force winds,..luckily i am on high ground and walled in,..delighted the video brightened up your freezing cold weather,..wishing you a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Philip

o

I live up north in Ontario, where we are witnessing one of the worst winters in decades. Lots of snow, ice, and below freezing temperatures for extended periods. You will understand how much I enjoyed your video. Thanks so much, and happy new year to you. I am captivated by the yellow flower in your post. My favourite colour and it looks like a lily, my favourite flower. Would you be so kind as to identify it so I can grow it in my garden this year? Thanks again.

o

Hi northerner,
sorry to see you are having severe weather in Ontario and one of the worst winters in decades,..looking at New York and other parts of America,..its very bad.

Our weather has improved thankfully no snow however we might be in for a pasting if winds blow from the Russian shores.

Delighted you enjoyed the video,.........Philip

That plant you admired is 'Tigridia pavonia',..Tiger Flower or Mexican Shell Flower,..its of the Iridaceae Family,..there are some 35 species and very easy to grow from bulbs,..of course seeds can be collected from the first blooms,..this flower blooms for one day but its a welcome sight to see the next lot of blooms next day,..blooms will appear until the first frost and are approx 6 inch blooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here