Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22262128

September Blooms.

User
10 years ago

Some of the blooms in my garden during September 2013.

Video===September Blooms

Comments (4)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    10 years ago

A real treat to look at on this freezing cold Christmas Eve morning, Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the best in the New Year.

Annette

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Annette,..its heavy rain and floods here with storm force winds,..luckily i am on high ground and walled in,..delighted the video brightened up your freezing cold weather,..wishing you a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Philip

• northerner_on
    10 years ago

I live up north in Ontario, where we are witnessing one of the worst winters in decades. Lots of snow, ice, and below freezing temperatures for extended periods. You will understand how much I enjoyed your video. Thanks so much, and happy new year to you. I am captivated by the yellow flower in your post. My favourite colour and it looks like a lily, my favourite flower. Would you be so kind as to identify it so I can grow it in my garden this year? Thanks again.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi northerner,
    sorry to see you are having severe weather in Ontario and one of the worst winters in decades,..looking at New York and other parts of America,..its very bad.

Our weather has improved thankfully no snow however we might be in for a pasting if winds blow from the Russian shores.

Delighted you enjoyed the video,.........Philip

That plant you admired is 'Tigridia pavonia',..Tiger Flower or Mexican Shell Flower,..its of the Iridaceae Family,..there are some 35 species and very easy to grow from bulbs,..of course seeds can be collected from the first blooms,..this flower blooms for one day but its a welcome sight to see the next lot of blooms next day,..blooms will appear until the first frost and are approx 6 inch blooms.

Sponsored