Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Iris photos

hosenemesis
12 years ago

Hi all,

I posted a whole lotta iris photos today on the AIS World of Irises Blog. Go on over and have a look if you like irises. Gottagarden posted two gorgeous shots over on the Iris Forum too, asking for IDs. Yowza.

Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: AIS World of Irises Blog

Comments (8)

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Drooooooling!!!

Renee, thank you for the gorgeous eye-candy.

• roseberri, z6
    12 years ago

Lovely! especially on the third day of rain with snow soon to come!

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

Great photos for this gray time of year! As you said, iris are gorgeous so are perfect for portraits. But I prefer to see them en masse! Show me the big picture! Love all these photos. The last one with the roses, foxgloves etc is DREAMY! What a fabulous garden!
    Have never seen Lady Friend in real life, but I'm coveting that gorgeous color!

I tried posting a comment on the site, but after 17 screens and passwords, logging into google, creating blogger account so I can post, etc. it kept giving me different error messages, finishing with " Your current account does not have access to view this page." huh??
    I gave up! Just thought I'd let you know. I see there are no comments and other people may be running into the same problem I was.

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! Irises are my favorite flower - we won't tell the delphinium, roses, lavender, etc. that I said that will we! Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it so I can go back and enjoy it again and again.

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all! Gottagarden, I have the same problem. I always leave my comments as "anonymous" since I can't figure out any other way. Complaints have been lodged.

Lady Friend is a uniquely colored iris. It is described as dark pink, garnet red, dusky rose- it changes as it ages, when it can have a terra-cottaish center to the falls. Antique-looking.

The adorable garden at the end is my mom's. She's so shy and humble and she gets embarrassed when people say nice things about it. I'll make her read what you said just to torture her a little bit. She'll glow for weeks- on the inside.

I can't wait for this spring- my mom and I met a gardener named Jean down the road last Mother's Day and got a tour of her garden. I snuck the Schreiner's catalog into a stack of magazines I brought over to her and it worked: Jean bought a whole bunch of irises this year and they should bloom this spring! I'll take lots of photos of her garden and post them.

Renee

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing the link. What gorgeous photos. I have to say that last photo of your mom's garden is absolutely gorgeous.

I've visited lots and lots of private and public gardens both here and abroad and I have to say your mom's, yours and Gottagarden's gardens compete very highly, if not surpass many, many gardens out there. The three of you have such amazing talent for mixing color, texture and interest in the garden. Although you all have such a love of iris (and other plants) your gardens aren't ALL about just iris. You all have a knack and talent for creating beautiful views of mixed borders that are to die for! I drool every time you or Gottagarden create a post.
    (Gottagarden, that pic you posted of the euphorbia and orange poppies on the perennial forum made me weak! LOL!)

Thanks for always sharing such beautiful photos.

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

thyme2dig - thanks for all the nice compliments! Now that it's getting cold, I might find time to dig through photos and post some more :-)

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

I would love to see more pics of your garden and your little cuties!! I have said to my DH on multiple occasions "If we ever get out to western NY.....there's a garden I'd love to see!"

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida