Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

Sharing some sunshine (pic heavy)

haxuan
13 years ago

My garden is nothing spectacular but it is different, especially at this time of year when you are in the winter.

Enjoy.

Thanks for looking.

Xuan

Comments (14)

• luckygal
    13 years ago

Very pretty - I always love seeing your pics from the other side of the planet! Fascinating that you grow some plants outdoors that I've only grown as house plants.

Is that mist or low clouds in the background? What elevation are you? Very picturesque.

Thanks for sharing!

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    13 years ago

How can you say nothing spectacular? You are too humble! I also love seeing your pictures, such a dreamy garden. Those trees are really unique! (3rd pic) We are so fortunate to have you give us inspiration from so far away. Thanks!

• reginaz
    13 years ago

Your pictures are lovely, what spectacular views! I'm looking forward to spring. Thanks, Regina

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    13 years ago

I'd say your photos are VERY spectacular! I always love seeing your photos and still swoon every time I see that backdrop of yours. Breathtaking.

What are those trees? They are very interesting. And what plant do those last flowers belong to? Thanks so much for sharing!

• todancewithwolves
    13 years ago

Breathtaking! I wasn't fortunate enough to visit your garden in Dalat but you garden in Saigon was gorgeous.

Edna

• haxuan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for your comments, friends.

Luckygal: that's mist in the foreground. We are on highland, 1800 meters above sea level so it's quite misty especially during the rainy season.

thyme2dig: I'm sorry I don't have the name of the trees in the 3rd photo. The blooms on the last photo belong to the Iresine plant.

Edna: It was such a pity we didn't have much time together when you visited. I hope you will come again and we will make up for it.

Xuan

• todancewithwolves
    13 years ago

Yes, it was a short visit, however, it was a joyful reunion.

I was exhausted upon my return home. Philanthropy work is emotionally and physically draining but it was rewarding. Next trip will be a vacation.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Xuan, these photos of yours have really brightened up my day. We had an unusually early freeze here, the leaves haven't dropped on many of the deciduous plants so there they are still clinging on, all black and grey, and downright ugly. I especially love your photo of the trees with the mist it the background, it has a mystical feel to it.

Annette

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    13 years ago

Wonderful! You know, I think looking at your wonderful blooming garden has warmed me up a bit! ;-)

What vines do you have growing on the arches by your house? Those coleus are nice and colorful- do you have to replant those or are they perennial for you?

Thanks so much for the pics- it was a treat!
    CMK

• haxuan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Many thanks, everyone.

Christine: one of the vines we grow on the arbor is called Jade vine (Strongylodon macrobotrys); and on the arch is a kind of wild roses.

Here's a photo of the rose arch.

Xuan

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

love that fog layer and that rose arch is gorgeous!

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Those photos are just incredible! Your beautiful garden against such a stunning backdrop. I love that you have what we call "houseplants" planted as perennials in your garden. So colorful! The coleus and tradescantia are so colorful, and I love them on the side of the hill.

• lily51
    13 years ago

How enjoyable to see flowers growing somewhere right now! Lovely garden and scenery. Seeing hills covered with mist is always such a sight, especially to flat-landers like myself. Just beautiful!

• mary_lu_gw
    13 years ago

What spectacular views you have! All of your pictures are beautiful, but especially the 3rd one, with the trees, hills and mist!

Sponsored