Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Took my evening stroll thru the garden,,,,

Posted by Cenepk10 none (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 22:51

And my $24.99 + tax Japanese Forest Grass WAS GONE - Eaten by stinking voles... My heart is .... Beating again... I have a new secret weapon... By spring- I'll be smiling over vole corpses or maybe just their heads !!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Took my evening stroll thru the garden,,,,

Oh, yeah! I can see the hunter's gleam in those eyes.

ThinMan

o

And look at that paw ! Poised for din din !!!!

o

Oh no, sorry for your loss - but I think you got a great future helper there. Name please? A real cutey pie.

o

That's the way to go.....my boys liked nothing better than two bite rodents. Lol. Very cute, BTW.

Nancy.

This post was edited by midnightsmum on Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 21:05

o

So far just calling her little Kitty, schoolhouse-

o

I,too, have fought voles all season. I have lost hostas, lilies,and other plants including my precious roses. I have tried everything...except....a sweet little kitty! Congratulations on your new garden partner. I know she will take care of those terrible voles! I really need to consider this. She is a doll! Lesley

o

They ate my hostas, oakleaf hydrangea, self heal, roses. They are terrorists ! I put poison- they move. I even noticed an enormous pine is dead. Maybe coincidence. Get a Kitty, Lesley !!!! Let's fight back !!!

o

Adorable! I have 2 "helpers" and I have never lost a plant to voles or bunnies.

o

• Posted by memo Zone 4B Nebraska (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 13, 14 at 3:00

Adorable! I am indeed a cat fancier. I had voles..once..at the ranch. If you prefer dogs to cats, a Jack Russell Terrier is the ticket!!

o

Aren't voles horrible creatures to a gardener!!

Would love a helper like yours, but I have too many song birds that visit my yard. I'm afraid I would be signing their little death certificates if I got a kitty.

I lose alot to the voles every year...and I kill plenty with traps, but they just reproduce so fast!

o

The latest victim of the voles- yet another oak leaf hydrangea. Seems to be a delicacy for the monsters... Sigh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here