Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
October Blooms.

Posted by glengarry23 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 4:41

Some of the October Blooms in my garden,..really similar to September Blooms,..however there are quite a few new blooms to view.

Video===October Blooms 2013.l

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: October Blooms.

I notice that you aren't getting responses to your videos as you did with just photos. It may be because many folks are like me and have too slow a connection to view videos readily, one of the downsides of living in an area too rural to have really good internet. If it's just as easy for you, I'd love to see more still photos since you have a gorgeous garden.

o

Hi Nhbabs,..i was thinking that perhaps everyone was busy doing Christmas shopping,..however you are correct about many people not having a strong internet connection and so not clicking the link also that i had more responses when posting pictures,..i will certainly start posting more pictures with the link to balance things out,..thank you for contacting me,..hoping you have a Happy Christmas and a great New Year.

Philip

o

You, too, Phillip! I forgot to say that the aster is lovely, with such healthy foliage! Do you know the variety?

o

Hi Nhbabs,..this Aster really is not the best for my climate,..always misty mornings seeing i live close to the river plus quite a heavy rainfall,..for all seasons,..and so this Aster if not watched will get Mildew,..though solved with a mix of milk and water.

I believe this Aster is named Symphyotrichum novi-belgii,..or New York Aster.

There are others very similar and free from Mildew attack.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here