Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Wreath on the garden gate

schoolhouse_gw
13 years ago

I added some holly for Christmas. This morning I awoke to alot of snow on the ground, and it's still falling.

{{gwi:767887}}

Comments (10)

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    13 years ago

How charming!I love that you keep adding to it. We keep getting snow too, what i enjoy the most are the birds outside. I was very pleased that the mockingbird i had last winter has returned. I let a pokeberry weed grow a little out of control by my diningroom window and he comes every morning to stare inside and eat berries. he needs a name! lol

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you lily, I hope no one tires of seeing my "wreath on the garden gate" pics.

Yes, I love the birds too and just came in from filling the feeder on the edge of the field. Usually put a corn mix in that one to lure the sparrows and starlings away from the upper feeders right outside the kitchen window. Money's a little tight this payday so I'm not sure I'll be able to fill those up with the good seed mix I buy especially for them. But I always say that and end up scrapping enough coins together to go buy that bag! Just can't resist those birds staring in the window at me.

The name "Atticus" comes to mind for your mockingbird only because of the movie "To Kill a Mockingbird" with Gregory Peck. Not a very nice reference but I always liked that movie.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    13 years ago

I remember reading the book but i cant remember what it was about! (do they actually kill a mockingbird? or is it a poem in the book? really cant remember.) I need to get outside and fill my feeders too. I just like it better inside! lol I find that my husband and i take better care of our animals (2 inside birds and 2 dogs , and the flocks of outside birds and koi in the pond) than we do ourselves! We always have a cupboard full of treats and things but our kitchen only has milk , cereal and coffee! lol

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Isn't that the truth? We usually put ourselves last when it comes to our animal friends.

Here is a link that might be useful: book/movie

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

How could anyone tire of that?! I so need a gate!

• tkhooper
    13 years ago

I was just thinking the same thing lol. That is a great gate and wonderful wreath.

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

charming!

• luckygal
    13 years ago

Wonderful cottage scene! Charming wreath - love the color of the gate.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    13 years ago

schoolhouse, I enjoyed your gate so much, I took some time to put something on mine. It's the first time I've tried that and I really like it. I had some extra spruce branches from a bunch I bought for a container arrangement and a few branches I trimmed off the holly and tied it to the gate with some raffia. It's cute and I enjoy it every time I go in and out. Thanks for the inspiration!

No snow here yet.

• Annie
    13 years ago

Oh how lovely!
    I love Merry Christmas wreaths.

Merry Christmas schoolhouse.

Sponsored