Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Snow on the garden for Christmas

schoolhouse_gw
11 years ago

This year's garden gate Christmas wreath.

Comments (14)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Beautiful, that would make a lovely Christmas card.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

I think you should make a book of your gate pictures. Always lovely.

Happy New Year!

• luckygal
    11 years ago

So pretty! I agree you could make a book with your lovely wreath pics.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Pretty picture. Thanks for sharing it.

• georgeneschreiner
    11 years ago

Beautiful Christmas snow!

• kathyjo_mo
    11 years ago

Very nice!

• Annie
    11 years ago

Another gorgeous photo of your green gate. The snowy scene is so very picturesque!

Envious of all that deep snowfall, and all that delicious moisture!!!. You will have a lovely garden this year with all the rain and snow you've gotten.
    We are STILL in a terrible drought here in Okie. :(

I agree with the gate book idea. That would be just a wonderful book (or a magazine) to get published. Anyone interested in gardening would enjoy it.

~Annie

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks to you all! I enjoy making the wreaths, esp. for Fall and Christmas/winter. A book would certainly be fun to try.

Annie - how the heck are you?! Long time no "see".

• Annie
    11 years ago

Hi schoolhouse!

The last year and a half was so trying. My papa was sick for over a month and even though he was hospitalized, I was driving there daily to take care of him. After a terrible fight, he passed away. Then last spring mama got a serious infection and went down and ended up in the hospital for two weeks. I took care of her, her critters and her house and garden all spring and thru summer. At the same time, my daughter was going through some serious problems and I was trying to keep them all afloat while trying to keep my garden's alive.

In the fall, I flew down to SC to see my daughter - they all three had the H1N1 (swine flue) Virus. I caught it and came down with it the day before I flew home. Isn't that just swell? I battled with that from Dec. 3 until the first of January. It goes to your lungs and becomes pneumonia. (I am allergic to any kind of Sulfa-drugs, and that is the only thing effective for virus). That was the most painful and debilitating illness I have ever had.

I managed to keep up my Facebook site all summer by staying up late at night and into the wee hours, but there was no time during the day to come on here and visit with everyone.

I was taking care of mother and her critters eight hours every day, then coming home and taking care of the farm and my critters. I was so exhausted. The neighbors moved off leaving their home and several cats, some of whom died of starvation before I discovered it. So, of course, I started going over there feeding and watering them everyday on my way t Mom's. Poor kitties. (DH is NOW helping with that chore, thank goodness)

I pray for a less stressful and more pleasant year.
    More time for me and my garden.
    Yeah right....

~Annie

• Annie
    11 years ago

P.S. - Sorry my pic turned out so freaking big!! I edited several smaller ones, but this site wouldn't publish anything I posted in a smaller size for cryin' in a bucket!

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

Sorry to hear your tale of woe, Annie. I know what a strain it is when you have frail elderly relatives.

Back to snow. We had the first fall in the night and here it is. It will probably be gone in a few days so I'm making the most of it. The big fat bird is a wood pigeon; nemesis of all things brassica.

I'm adding a summer picture of the same view for contrast.

{{gwi:768512}}

• Annie
    11 years ago

Oh Flora,

Both photos are stunning.
    I just adore your garden, even in snow!
    It's just lovely! I feel at peace just looking at them.

I would feel very much at home there. It is much like the gardens of my childhood - my mother's garden and grandmother's garden were very like yours back home.
    I'm so pleased that you shared your photos.

~ Annie

• schoolhouse_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Annie, you've had quite a time of it. Hope things turn around for you soon.

Flora - SO beautiful. I too have always loved your garden and aspire to tuck one like it into a corner of my property somewhere, someday.

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

Well Annie - I spoke with feeling about the elderly relatives and the very next day my mother-in-law died. We are sad but also relieved. She had been fairly well and just felt ill for a couple of hours then keeled over in her own sitting room. My preferred kind of exit if I could choose. Not the many years of gradual decline my parents went and are going through.

schoolhouse - I love the idea of you 'tucking' a garden like mine into a corner. I can't imagine how much space you must have. What you see there is my whole 'property'. But I often think I don't really want much more. The garden is never a chore. And I do also have an allotment.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County