Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yet another iris blog- pics by Rita and Gottagarden featured

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 14:13

Hi cottage gardeners,
I hope I'm not boring you with all of these posts on irises. But this one is on red irises, my favorites, and there are photos by Rita and Gottagarden that are just beautiful, so I thought you might like to go look.
Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Reds for the Holidays

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yet another iris blog- pics by Rita and Gottagarden featured

Oh, my, absolutely gorgeous! I have just started experimenting with irises in my new flowerbed, can hardly wait for spring...

o

Love those reds! You certainly have a way with words, makes me want to go out and buy more, when my gardens are already full!

o

Oh, thanks for the link!

Rita's and GG's photos were beautiful.

I appreciate that GG shared a start of her 'Samurai Warrior' with me years ago. I now have it growing in three locations.

I also have one that I got from my parent's old homestead. It was not labeled, so I call it 'Hot Chocolate' - very similar to 'Samurai Warrior', but it has a chocolately-ness to the deep red, like Red Velvet Devil's Food Cake, maybe. I found an Iris called 'Hot Chocolate"on the internet and it looks like that one and description sound identical, too.

Anyway, it is a good reproducer and a good one in the red iris category. I have it in with a really pretty yellow Iris, also from Mom's garden and unnamed. (Mom has never cared about a plant's name, so never keeps labels or records - she just gets what colors she likes).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here