Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikenl_gw

recent pictures of a wintery dutch cottage-garden

mikenl
16 years ago

Dear gardenweb-friends,

It has been quite some time since I have been around here. I think my last post was in july, when I uploaded more than 200 pictures to my site. Since then, the garden has changed a lot and I took pictures all the time. A few minutes ago I uploaded 69 new ones and more will be uploaded soon. Maybe you would like to take a look, - I would be delighted.

It has been quite cold around here over the last two weeks, but that gave me the chance to take some very nice winter-pictures of the garden.

The photo-section of my site contains more than 1200 pictures, - much to much to look at at one session, - so be welcome to come back a second or third time...

I wish you all a very lovely and pleasant Christmas and lots of good luck and health for the New Year.

Mike from Holland

PS: To navigate in English at the photo-pages, please click your flag at the bottom of the page.

Here is a link that might be useful: This link brings you directly to the photo-pages

Comments (12)

• natalie4b
    16 years ago

Mike, your garden is a dream, and you are an amazing photographer! I spent few hours "walking" around your creation, and want to thank you for this opportunity.
    I have been to Holland several years back for a Martial Arts event. What a beautiful country and friendly wonderful people.
    Happy Holidays!
    ~Natalie

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Hi Mike!

Your garden is a delight, as always! Thanks for posting the link; I need to finish looking tomorrow, or later this week. Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Lime

• party_music50
    16 years ago

Incredibly beautiful photos and subject matter!

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Mike ~ As always I am awed by your gardens and photography. Just beautiful! I just looked at your winter scenes today and will go back and tour your gardens more later. Thank you for sharing here with us the beauty that surrounds you.

Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year to you and yours.

FlowerLady

• PattiOH
    16 years ago

Welcome back, Mike!

Your garden is truly "betoverend"! (I hope I came close to using that word properly)! I mean to say it's charming and magical and wonderful.
    Not to mention downright awesome!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos with us once again.
    Merry Christmas and best wishes for happiness in 2008.
    Patti

• ellen_s
    16 years ago

Mike, beautiful photographs and a magical setting. Thank you! May I ask what kind of camera you use!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    16 years ago

Mike, your gardens and photography are truly inspirational, will be visiting them over and over again hoping that even the tiniest bit of your talent will rub off on me, hoping you and yours had a very Merry Christmas and will have a great New Year ....Annette

• Steveningen
    16 years ago

Geweldig tuin, Mike. En uw fotografie is fantastisch. Vrolijke Kerstmis en gelukkige nieuwjaar.

Steven

• rosefolly
    16 years ago

I'm simply stunned. What beautiful photographs! I love the dreamlike stillness you have managed to capture. Your garden has that quality of a space apart from the outer world that speaks to me.

Rosefolly

• gottagarden
    16 years ago

I always love your photos, you capture that "tranquil" feeling so desirable in a garden.

PS - What kind of camera do you have? I plan to buy one in the next couple of weeks.

• mikenl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you so much for visiting and all of your compliments.
    I understand that it is impossible to surf around all of the photos, - there are just too much. But I feel honored that you took a closer look at some of them...
    The camera I use, is a Nikon D200 for the newer ones, - before I used a Nikon Coolpix 5400. The D200 is really great, - a little difficult to handle in the beginning, but after a while quite easy. I wouldn't want another camera any more (except the new Nikon D300!!).
    Mike

• hopflower
    16 years ago

They are certainly impressive pictures, mikenl. :)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz