Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think I killed my rosemary!!

Posted by midnightsmum 4b ON (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 16:40

I've had it several years and it was developing into a lovely bush that went out in summer and spent winters indoors. I noticed it was very droopy a few days ago - uh oh. So I gave it a good watering, not a soaking, but a good drink. Almost all of the strappy little leaves have turned brown, some are still green at the stalk. Is there any hope??

tia, Nancy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think I killed my rosemary!!

Do you know which variety it is? 'Arp' can take quite a bit of punishment, mine has been through several winters where the temp. has dipped well below zero F. If it still has some green and the cadmium layer is still green yours will probably recover. I've wacked (severely pruned :) the heck out of mine several times with no ill effects.

Annette

o

Oh Annette - thanks. I've no idea which cultivar is - I just checked and there is no longer a plastic tab, if there ever was one. I picked it up at a nursery. I had a good look and there are lots of green stems - maybe I dodged a bullet here!!

On a happy note, my 4-year-old amaryllis is popping a flower bulb. It is 'Red Lion'. I'm going to check the after Christmas sales to try to get a couple more, in different colours.

Merry Christmas!!! Nancy.

o

Nancy, is it possibly a case of mildew? indoor rosemary can be susceptible to this fungus. It's the reason I gave up growing rosemary indoors (and prefer to treat them as annuals)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here